• \[Solved\]Can't Right Click on Desktop

I just installed Antergos on a virtual machine with a Mate Desktop. Everything works fine except that I can’t right click on the desktop. I mean,I can right click but there is nothing happen.

There are no home folder, computer and trash icon on the desktop. I tried to create shortcut on the desktop but nothing happened as well.

But, if I open caja, right click any folder or file and open as administrator, my desktop suddenly changed. I can see computer, root’s home folder and trash icon on the desktop. I even can right click on the desktop and the usual contextual menu appear.

How to solve this problem?

Thanks.

• I just installed Antergos on a virtual machine with a Mate Desktop. Everything works fine except that I can’t right click on the desktop. I mean,I can right click but there is nothing happen.

There are no home folder, computer and trash icon on the desktop. I tried to create shortcut on the desktop but nothing happened as well.

But, if I open caja, right click any folder or file and open as administrator, my desktop suddenly changed. I can see computer, root’s home folder and trash icon on the desktop. I even can right click on the desktop and the usual contextual menu appear.

How to solve this problem?

Thanks.

• Found the problem. Had to turn on show-dekstop-icon in dconf Editor.

• A shortcut is the terminal command

dconf write /org/mate/desktop/background/show-desktop-icons true

If one wants to hide the stuff on desktop icons again, it can be done with

dconf write /org/mate/desktop/background/show-desktop-icons false

Posts 4Views 1911