• How to create a custom keyboard layout ?

Hello everyone,

I recently installed Antergos. I use a typematrix 2030 as keyboard with a DVORAK layout. My mother tong is French and I would like to create a DVORAK layout with accent, replace the ` key by a dead key and when I press this dead key and the key ‘a’ for example, I get a ‘à’ with accent.
    I search on the internet but I found nothing… Does anyone have the solution ?

Thank you and have a good day :)

• @xqlimax
    Hi!
    I have some old notes here, but you’ll have to dig further. Look on the net for xev -event keyboard which is the first step detecting the value of a key) and for xmodmap -e 'keycode <value>=' which is the way to disable, change, add a value to a key.

Example removing and readding the return key:

xmodmap -e 'keycode 36='
    xmodmap -e 'keycode 36=Return'

I hope this is enough for you get more info on the web.

• I tried to edit the xmodmap but it´s to difficult. I found a dvorak international with dead key it work well I can do all the letter with accent exept the Ç but I don´t find the double quote…
    I guess I will continue to use Dvorak and when I have to write in French I´ll use the international layout.

Thank you for your help :)

keyboard73 layout14 custom11 Posts 3Views 255
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.