• 32 but efi on a 64 bit windows tablet

Re: UEFI 32 bit with 64 bit processor installation / GRUB?

I am tying to install on a windows 10 tablet that needs a 32 bit efi to boot. the tablet is 64 bit, it just needs the 32 bit efi to boot. I followed the thread above and made the installer USB which booted fine and the installer ran, however when I reboot, it won’t boot. Looking at the efi partition there is no 32 bit efi. not sure how to proceed

• @galvez_65 said in 32 but efi on a 64 bit windows tablet:

Re: UEFI 32 bit with 64 bit processor installation / GRUB?

I am tying to install on a windows 10 tablet that needs a 32 bit efi to boot. the tablet is 64 bit, it just needs the 32 bit efi to boot. I followed the thread above and made the installer USB which booted fine and the installer ran, however when I reboot, it won’t boot. Looking at the efi partition there is no 32 bit efi. not sure how to proceed

Hi friend!

Sorry if can only give a very vague info. I read somewhere sometime ago that is possible.

The procedure was something like creating a 64 bits EFi partition and then converting it to 32 bits with an external program.

I hope this help in your search…

• Thanks fernando, found what I needed at the ArchWiki specifically at https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/GRUB

basically all I ad to do was add the i386-efi right after the install and before the reboot, seems to be working great!

windows64 efi16 tablet5 Posts 3Views 706
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.