• Display messed up after 1st install : AMD R9 280X graphic card

Hi,
    I think the subject says it all.

1 out of my 3 monitors lights up in a very (very !) low resolution, blinking and displays only upper left part of desktop. I guess the driver crash for my graphic card.

I had to install XFCE and select autologin so I can do something :
    Now, I can barely type command in a terminal (butI could write a shell script through live session which is working perfect)
    But I cannot use add/remove program or anything else because of the low resolution.

Thanks for your help in sorting this out.
    I guess it is a driver related issue.
    How can I download and install a new one ?

thanks again.

• @francois-pda

Ok, the issue comes from one of my monitor connected through a Displayport->HDMI passive adaptator.

If I unplug this monitor, I boot properly.

I tried plugin the monitor once on gnome desktop but all my screens turn black.
    Again, my 3 monitors work fine in the live iso session.

Should I install arandr in the live iso, get the xrandr command line and run it once booted on my hard drive ?

• Xrandr can do the trick, I can see under xfce that changing multi-monitor settings with xfce setting tool do some glitches, but works fine after restarting lightdm.

To get a working xrandr command you need to friggle with it a bit, but if you know the right resolutions and marker for the displays you should get it working.

[updates once a week] = [90% less problems]
    antergos:_rescue
    how to add system logs:
    wget http://bit.ly/2GCG9k2 && sh 2GCG9k2
    :handshake: donate antergos

display48 amd31 messed4 1st2 Posts 3Views 253
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.