• Openbox install \[SOLVED\]

I did an uneventful install of openbox using the latest ISO. After rebooting at the end of the install and logging in I was greeted with a quite vanilla and yet to be configured Arch Linux openbox. I then rebooted and installed KDE instead. Although I’m quite happy with the KDE install I can’t help but be curious what might have happened in the openbox install.

• I did an uneventful install of openbox using the latest ISO. After rebooting at the end of the install and logging in I was greeted with a quite vanilla and yet to be configured Arch Linux openbox. I then rebooted and installed KDE instead. Although I’m quite happy with the KDE install I can’t help but be curious what might have happened in the openbox install.

• something didnt go right because openbox for antergos looks nice.

• I’m aware of that, and I’ve tried it twice now with no joy.

This time I installed LXDE so I can see what’s going on. All applications appear to be intact, but no openbox configuration files and no home folders.

• If you haven’t wiped the entire install already then the log will be available and should shine some light on the openbox issue. Let me know if you find it: /var/log/cnchi-2014xxxx-xxxxxx.log

• Thanks, but I found the problem.

Before attempting to install again I opened a terminal and refreshed the databases. The antergos repository was not being resolved and simply being skipped. I changed the DNS servers to Google and this resolved the issue. I then did the install and all is as it should be.

Great job guys!

• Hi, I’m Benjamin. How can I do that? Because I have the same problem, it looks horrible, and I can’t open any aplication from the menu, just the PCMan file manager
    Can I do it whit Antergos installed? Or I had to install it again?

Sorry for my english, I’m argentinian and I’m 14 years old. So…

• I can open the terminal thanks to the “Apllication” shortchut in the PCman file manager. But, I can’t do this thing works like I want :’(

• are you doing a fresh install or coming from another DE?

• I’m trying to install the Openbox version on Cnchi 0.6.11. It gets stuck on ‘Configuring your new system’

[2014-07-30 07:58:49] [slides.py] INFO: Configuring your new system  
    [2014-07-30 07:58:49] [show\_message.py] ERROR: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/install/etc/sudoers.d/10-installer'  
    Traceback (most recent call last):  
    File "/usr/share/cnchi/src/slides.py", line 199, in manage\_events\_from\_cb\_queue  
    show.fatal\_error(event[1])  
    File "/usr/share/cnchi/src/show\_message.py", line 42, in fatal\_error  
    error(message)  
    File "/usr/share/cnchi/src/show\_message.py", line 53, in error  
    msg\_dialog.format\_secondary\_text(message)  
    File "/usr/lib/python3.4/site-packages/gi/overrides/Gtk.py", line 548, in format\_secondary\_text  
    self.set\_property('secondary-text', message\_format)  
    TypeError: Must be string, not FileNotFoundError  

Edit: the bar is moving left and right and the slides are still changing, so it’s not frozen, just stuck, idk.

Edit 2: I have Openbox install, but with the 5.26 ISO, which uses Cnchi 0.6.9. I have also installed successfully with 0.6.10, but with .11, it gets stuck. Hopefully this helps narrow down the problem.

• Yes, I was doing a fresh install.

• this must be a dns issue according to another use in this thread. that makes sense.

try changing your dns mcjaben

Posts 12Views 2483