• Openbox install \[SOLVED\]

I did an uneventful install of openbox using the latest ISO. After rebooting at the end of the install and logging in I was greeted with a quite vanilla and yet to be configured Arch Linux openbox. I then rebooted and installed KDE instead. Although I’m quite happy with the KDE install I can’t help but be curious what might have happened in the openbox install.

• I did an uneventful install of openbox using the latest ISO. After rebooting at the end of the install and logging in I was greeted with a quite vanilla and yet to be configured Arch Linux openbox. I then rebooted and installed KDE instead. Although I’m quite happy with the KDE install I can’t help but be curious what might have happened in the openbox install.

• something didnt go right because openbox for antergos looks nice.

• I’m aware of that, and I’ve tried it twice now with no joy.

This time I installed LXDE so I can see what’s going on. All applications appear to be intact, but no openbox configuration files and no home folders.

• If you haven’t wiped the entire install already then the log will be available and should shine some light on the openbox issue. Let me know if you find it: /var/log/cnchi-2014xxxx-xxxxxx.log

• Thanks, but I found the problem.

Before attempting to install again I opened a terminal and refreshed the databases. The antergos repository was not being resolved and simply being skipped. I changed the DNS servers to Google and this resolved the issue. I then did the install and all is as it should be.

Great job guys!

• Hi, I’m Benjamin. How can I do that? Because I have the same problem, it looks horrible, and I can’t open any aplication from the menu, just the PCMan file manager
    Can I do it whit Antergos installed? Or I had to install it again?

Sorry for my english, I’m argentinian and I’m 14 years old. So…

• I can open the terminal thanks to the “Apllication” shortchut in the PCman file manager. But, I can’t do this thing works like I want :’(

• are you doing a fresh install or coming from another DE?

• I’m trying to install the Openbox version on Cnchi 0.6.11. It gets stuck on ‘Configuring your new system’

[2014-07-30 07:58:49] [slides.py] INFO: Configuring your new system  
    [2014-07-30 07:58:49] [show\_message.py] ERROR: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/install/etc/sudoers.d/10-installer'  
    Traceback (most recent call last):  
    File "/usr/share/cnchi/src/slides.py", line 199, in manage\_events\_from\_cb\_queue  
    show.fatal\_error(event[1])  
    File "/usr/share/cnchi/src/show\_message.py", line 42, in fatal\_error  
    error(message)  
    File "/usr/share/cnchi/src/show\_message.py", line 53, in error  
    msg\_dialog.format\_secondary\_text(message)  
    File "/usr/lib/python3.4/site-packages/gi/overrides/Gtk.py", line 548, in format\_secondary\_text  
    self.set\_property('secondary-text', message\_format)  
    TypeError: Must be string, not FileNotFoundError  

Edit: the bar is moving left and right and the slides are still changing, so it’s not frozen, just stuck, idk.

Edit 2: I have Openbox install, but with the 5.26 ISO, which uses Cnchi 0.6.9. I have also installed successfully with 0.6.10, but with .11, it gets stuck. Hopefully this helps narrow down the problem.

• Yes, I was doing a fresh install.

• this must be a dns issue according to another use in this thread. that makes sense.

try changing your dns mcjaben

Posts 12Views 3195
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.