• Antergos not launching X server ( Watchdog stuck on #7 CPU )

Hello,

I am using Antergos on every PC I have but I bought new one and can not boot…

Besides error in title is says nouveau: chipset not supported.

Also a lot of msieport messages from kernel (but can be ignored by appending pci=nomsi to kernel cmd line)

I tried nomodeset setting but no help.

Can you try to help me get Antergos working on myy notebook?

Specs:
    2.8GHz Intel Core i7-7700HQ processor
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 2GB graphics
    16GB 2,400MHz DDR4 memory

I am not a completely newbie in Linux so if you want to something know just fire at me!

Thank you for helping me.

• @howp
    Blacklist nouveau.

• Woop my bad, I just tried turning off modeset. Thanks.

• @howp and install Nvidia drivers

• sudo pacman -S nvidia-Installer
    sudo nvidia-Installer -f

• @joekamprad nvidia-installer make my system freeze. Since the logs are in ramdisk I can not get them because only way to shut it is holding powerbutton.

Using Antergos with KDE

• Very well this is weird :D I looked at sources of nvidia-installer and its calling lspci, which is freezing my system…

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-terminal-app/+bug/1729893

It appears to be known bug.

• I solved it (ot was caused again by nouveau even tho the system booted fine), but once the nvidia-installer finishes installation the Linux wont boot, Xserver could not be launched.

• If it is a notebook I would check if it is an dualgraphics one, with Intel+Nvidia.

https://antergos.com/wiki/en/hardware/bumblebee-for-nvidia-optimus/

• It is notebook, but still same problem after installing bumblebee :/

• do you check the options onto graphics inside Bios? do you check

lspci -vnn | grep '\''[030[02]]' 

?

• Of course, I have no option regarding graphic in BIOS.

And the output from the lspci was basically same as :

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Intel Corporation Haswell-ULT Integrated Graphics Controller [8086:0a16] (rev 09) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])

and

01:00.0 3D controller [0302]: NVIDIA Corporation GK107M [GeForce GT 750M] [10de:0fe4] (rev ff) (prog-if ff)

but the dedicated graphic did not have prog-if option

• I think that only way for me is to force Linux to use just dedicated graphic with official nvidia drivers :/

Bumblebee no commit for a yearm there is no way then to support new graphic like GTX 1050Ti with combination with Kaby Lake GPU :/

stuck46 cpu22 launching7 watchdog2 Posts 14Views 1220
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.