• KDE Widgets missing?

Hi, I’m new to Antergos, I come from Manjaro, decided to try it out, and I’m quite happy!
    One thing I’m missing, is some KDE widgets, like the post-it notes, etc. They’re not installed by default, because they depend of akonadi?

• @looking4afix said in KDE Widgets missing?:

…One thing I’m missing, is some KDE widgets, like the post-it notes, etc. They’re not installed by default, because they depend of akonadi?

KNotes, if you speak about it, doesn’t depend directly on akonadi. KNotes directly depends on kdepim-runtime, which, in turn, indirectly depends on akonadi.

KNotes and many other apps & widgets make part of Kde PIM suite. The whole suite, if installed, takes a considerable amount of disk space - 500+ M. Worse yet, it relies on annoying, heavy services, like akonadi, baloo, wallet. Not everybody appreciate Kde PIM, use it, or want it to be installed.

Cnchi doesn’t install Kde PIM or its single applications. You can do it yourself at any moment, by installing:

• kdepim-meta meta package
    • kdepim package group
    • single Kde PIM applications
  • @just not worth it, not worth at all, lmao.
    Thanks, this can be marked as solved

kde171 missing47 widgets2 Posts 3Views 323
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.