• Make desktop resemble the live CD's xfce environment?

Hello, sorry if this is a newbie question. I’ve just installed Antergos, and it’s running well. I really liked the live environment’s xfce style, and was surprised that the post-installation look was actually a blank state, although I guess that’s for the user to customize. Through changing the system theme, cursor, icons (numix), panel (adding the whisker menu), it’s mostly there. However there are some small tidbits such as meta + arrow keys not snapping the windows (Like Windows’ aero snap) as well as dragging down from the panel with a maximized window, that doesn’t pull the window down. Is there a package that I can install for these, or do I need to edit some configs manually, could someone point me in the right direction of where to look if so?

Basically I would like the look and feel of xfce (also some other things not related to the desktop environment too, such as login screen) to resemble that of the xfce live cd.

• @a1chem1st said in Make desktop resemble the live CD's xfce environment?:

and was surprised that the post-installation look was actually a blank state

Yep, that’s a known and unresolved bug, sorry.

Basically I would like the look and feel of xfce (also some other things not related to the desktop environment too, such as login screen) to resemble that of the xfce live cd.

You can copy the livecd setup to your user. It’s in /home/antergos/.config/xfce (If I recall correctly).

Cheers!

• This post is deleted!
  • This post is deleted!
  • @karasu

@karasu

Hmm, I think I’ve confused myself. I just booted into the live environment to find these configs, and it’s apparently running Gnome shell. The xfce4 environment that I was referring to was actually from the Manjaro live cd, which I tried to install 3x but failed to get it to boot. So in frustration I tried Antergos which worked nicely, but while writing this post, forgot it used Gnome, and instead got the two distros mixed up.

So now it seems as if I’ve just installed an alternate desktop environment like one would be able to in any distro, which would of course use its own config (e.g. Ubuntu ships with its Unity/Gnome skin but installing xfce doesn’t come with any Ubuntu modifications.) In this case, does Antergos have customizations to xfce, or is the only “skin” of Antergos its Gnome look?

tl;dr I suppose I should go and look at Manjaro’s configs for xfce and it’s a resolved issue, sorry for confusing anyone

• @a1chem1st
    Please note that Manjaro may include some files that are not directly available in Antergos.
    Haven’t tested it myself though.

Please report issues including all details! ;-)
    Show files here: cat "file" | curl -F [email protected] https://ptpb.pw/?u=1
    and show the URL here.

xfce73 live51 resemble1 cds1 Posts 6Views 394
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.