• Gnome-Shell Unresponsive.

Ok so whenever I’m switching over to Japanese input. Gnome-shell freezes on me. I then need to reboot several times just to be able to login to a working session of gnome. Every other time I log in, I usually get a black screen or gnome-shell starts up and wont respond to any clicks. I have mozc with anthy installed. This only happens when I switch to Japanese input. Could someone help me? I have an assignment due for my Japanese class That is due tomorrow. :-/

• Have you tried on Xfce or KDE? You could try to install Xfce for example to give it a try and check if it’s a Gnome issue with Japanese input. It does not fix the problem but could allow you to work.

• @casquinhas said in Gnome-Shell Unresponsive.:

Have you tried on Xfce or KDE? You could try to install Xfce for example to give it a try and check if it’s a Gnome issue with Japanese input. It does not fix the problem but could allow you to work.

Alright, I’ll go and install cinnamon for now and see what happens. Just don’t want to have a bunch of uneeded stuff on my system.

• I installed cinnamon and so far so good. No issues so far. Had one issue where Google Chrome froze for a minute but went back to normal. We’ll see how this plays out. I might just ditch Gnome entirely. :-/

gnome-shell16 japanese2 mozc1 anthy1 Posts 4Views 330
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.