• Deepin randomly mounting partitions at login

Newly installed deepin - on login deepin wants to mount partitions that are not in fstab on /run/media/… and is asking for a password. I cannot find out why/where it is trying to mount these partitions. It does not do so in my gnome session.

Umuntu Ngumuntu Ngabantu
    a person is a person through other people

• @jonpaul I added the partitions to file/etc/fstab and disabled automount. Fixed the problem.

• Is this right because it’s still trying to mount the disk
    blkid
    /dev/sda5: UUID=“2db21f39-2946-4bf4-b0f6-dce19b0131fa” TYPE=“ext4” PARTLABEL=“Arch” PARTUUID="ac10471e-7038-4a1a-b32c-4bd8aad4be86"
    fstab
    UUID=2db21f39-2946-4bf4-b0f6-dce19b0131fa /run/media/paul/2db21f39-2946-4bf4-b0f6-dce19b0131fa ext4 noauto 0 0

Umuntu Ngumuntu Ngabantu

• @jonpaul partition I mean!

Umuntu Ngumuntu Ngabantu

• @manuel - they don’t help. and it really is completely random. one boot it’s /dev/sda4 which has windows 10. next boot /dev/sda5 which has arch. next boot /dev/sdb3 which is spare. it happens after the deepin desktop has loaded in a small white window.

Umuntu Ngumuntu Ngabantu

• Found it! The ‘problem’ was in deepin file manager (which handles the desktop) which had automount set on!

Umuntu Ngumuntu Ngabantu

• That’s good to know you’ve managed to fix your problem. Your solution seems to be simpler than mine.
    Anyway, I tried once again my way to fix the issue to see if it works. Looks like it’s fine.

I ran following command:

$ sudo blkid /dev/sdaX # X - your partition

and added this line to /etc/fstab file:

UUID=23C76A604A0E2B5 ntfs noauto # Replace the UUID with yours generated by blkid

deepin44 partitions8 randomly8 mounting4 Posts 8Views 119
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.