• Black screen with blue scroll wheel after login

I’m using a MSI Laptop MS 1687, intel core i7, and Nvidia Geforce GTX video card (which may be the issue from what I’ve been reading)

So not sure how to get out of this loop but just installed version antergos-18.2-x86_64 and I get to the login screen, put in my password and right after I click to accept my password I get the intro song and a black screen with a blue scroll wheel. I thought something was updating so I let is work but nothing changed after a long period of time. I rebooted several times and I get the same thing.

I have a good understanding of Microsoft Windows and MacOS but Linux is a whole other ballgame. It was fun at first trying out the different OS’s but now that I found one that I want to stay with I got no dice.

Any help will be much appreciated.

• i would recommend to uinstall nvisdia drivers for our graphic card as GTX cards mostly work bad with the standard open source driver (nouveau)

This can be done by using our magically nvidia-installer:

as it looks like you do not get into the DE? so you will need to switch to TTY3 (CLI) by pressing [Ctrl+Alt+F3]
    and login with you username and password… then type the following:

sudo pacman -S nvidia-installer
    sudo nvidia-installer -f
    and

sudo systemctl reboot

• Hey thanks for the help. It looked like the new driver was installed but still hangs on black screen after putting in my password from the login graphical interface.

• may change the session to GNOME Xorg , or change to GDM if you are running GNOME.
    sudo pacman -S gdm
    sudo systemctl -f enable gdm
    sudo systemctl reboot

• @joekamprad
    loaded in the code and rebooted. Logged in with the new theme and now it’s hung on a grey screen with a stuck pointer.

• @joekamprad
    Actually, were good now. I rebooted again and loaded into gnome this time and now I’m on the desktop. Thank you!

black71 scroll6 wheel2 blue2 Posts 6Views 430
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.