• Screen freezes when i tap "/'"

Hello again, @josec

I added same layout here and worked normally… then I got more curious about this behavior, do this happen with a live cd/usb or just only in your installed system?

I also saw in your log that your keyboard is a Corsair K30A gaming keyboard, right?
    Any chance to be some recorded macro causing this behavior? Because this keyboard has a built in memory to store your macros, could you please check that?.

• @edwin-foss Same problem in live usb, i thought that was just a regular glitch. Now i’m using numpad and Right Alt + W. But i want to fix this out

• Hi, @josec

Did you checked about your keyboard macro functions?

As the last logs that you provided didn’t show any information about key press problem no even a gnome crash.
    Is it possible to log in another tty (Ctrl +Alt + F2) after triggering gnome freeze and provide us a log with this command journalctl -b 0 > log-"$(date +"%Y%m%d%H%M").txt", please?

• @edwin-foss G-keys dont even work on linux kernel, k30 works like a simple keyboard

• @edwin-foss Logs here: https://goo.gl/RKXQoU
    Also my iso version is 18.2

• Now we have something 😁
    fev 24 07:23:49 atos gnome-shell[971]: clutter_input_device_get_device_type: assertion ‘CLUTTER_IS_INPUT_DEVICE (device)’ failed
    fev 24 07:23:49 atos gnome-shell[971]: JS ERROR: TypeError: device is null
    Keyboard<._init/<@resource:///org/gnome/shell/ui/keyboard.js:184:1

Well, I was digging about similar errors over the internet and I found nothing, now we have left only the trial and error path to isolate what is causing this behavior.
    Let’s get started:

1 - Reinstalling related files:
    sudo pacman -S gnome-desktop gnome-session gnome-shell gnome-settings-daemon gjs mutter clutter clutter-gtk
    Reboot and check if still happens.

2 - Part of lightdm is crashing during login, it’s possible that some parameters not reaching the destine, then changing to other login manager could fix.
    sudo pacman -S gdm
    sudo systemctl disable lightdm
    sudo systemctl enable gdm
    As gnome desktop defaults to Wayland and your graphics card is Nvidia and Nvidia still not support Wayland we have to change one config file to make Xorg as default.
    Edit /etc/gdm/custom.conf with your preferred text editor removing the # symbol from the front of this text WaylandEnable=false, save file, reboot and check if the problem persists.

3 - Test the keyboard in another usb port and try also other computer to make sure that is not a hardware bug because over the internet some people was complaining that they bought faulty keyboard with strange behaviors like blinking numlock/scrollock, one key press and two characters appearing, shift with some other key not producing capitals and some others;
    http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129802
    http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2778214/raptor-k30-gaming-keyboard-issues.html
    http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-3500311/corsair-k30-issues.html
    http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2258622/corsair-raptor-k30-keyboard-faulty.html
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Corsair/comments/3dst18/k30_not_working/

• @edwin-foss I’ll test on other computer, but in my windows 10 (dual boot) works normally. Also i tried all your tips, thanks but the issue continues

• This post is deleted!
  • @josec about the issue, does it happens with any other keyboard layout or just in Português Brazil?

I use English (international alternative) which gives latin chars too (à ã á ä â ç) and Anthy engine for japanese input (ジョゼさん宜しくね。).

Also I don’t know much about your keyboard, in the manual there is no technical information, is there any firmware update option for it?

• @edwin-foss Happens with others layouts, but only in Antergos

• @josec said in Screen freezes when i tap "/'":

@edwin-foss Happens with others layouts, but only in Antergos

@josec This is really unfortunate…
    Which branch of other linux based systems your tried and worked?
    (Ex.: fedora, opensuse, debian/ubuntu/linuxmint, archlinux/antergos/manjaro)
    Does it happen without a desktop environment loaded?
    (Ex.: In grub countdown to boot selected OS you can press E key to edit boot options for actual boot and in the line beginning with linux if you put 3 at end will start in “console mode”)
    Does it happens in login manager? Which one?
    Is there any toolkit program based not affected (gtk2/gtk3/qt4/qt5)? Which ones?
    Using a program to capture X events like xev does it desktop freeze after triggering the key?
    Do you have any other keyboard, do this also happens with it?

Sorry for too many questions, with more information we can narrow down where comes from and when happens as none here can reproduce because none has the same hardware here.

• Which branch of other linux based systems your tried and worked?
    Deepin/Ubuntu/OpenSuse/Mint/Manjaro

Does it happen without a desktop environment loaded?
    No

Does it happens in login manager? Which one?
    No

Using a program to capture X events like xev does it desktop freeze after triggering the key?
    Yeah, but only in the first time i tap

I’ll ask my friend for one

• @josec

Well, now we are sure that only happens after gnome-shell starts, a broken package, maybe?

Does it gnome desktop reinstall change anything?
    sudo pacman -S gnome

• @josec Also I forgot to ask if the output message of xev change after first stroke, does it change it?

• @edwin-foss I think not

KeyPress event, serial 37, synthetic NO, window 0x4000001,
        root 0x1d5, subw 0x0, time 7304573, (339,246), root:(439,417),
        state 0x10, keycode 97 (keysym 0x2f, slash), same_screen YES,
        XLookupString gives 1 bytes: (2f) "/"
        XmbLookupString gives 1 bytes: (2f) "/"
        XFilterEvent returns: False

KeyRelease event, serial 38, synthetic NO, window 0x4000001,
        root 0x1d5, subw 0x0, time 7304613, (339,246), root:(439,417),

KeyPress event, serial 38, synthetic NO, window 0x4000001,
        root 0x1d5, subw 0x0, time 7310025, (339,246), root:(439,417),
        XmbLookupString gives 1 bytes: (2f) "/"

KeyRelease event, serial 38, synthetic NO, window 0x4000001,
        root 0x1d5, subw 0x0, time 7310077, (339,246), root:(439,417),

@edwin-foss I think not

You are right, all key event is normal.

@josec said in Screen freezes when i tap "/'":

I’ll ask my friend for one

Any news about that?

Did you tried gnome reinstallation?
    sudo pacman -S gnome

• @edwin-foss Yeah, but nothing happens, the issue continues

• @josec
    About the other keyboard, same issue?

Could you post these files ~/.cache/gdm/session.log and ~/.xsession-errors after trigger the key?

• The gdm directory didn’t exists and xsession-errors is empty

The gdm directory didn’t exists and xsession-errors is empty

After all information still nothing shows what is triggering the strange behavior, as I said before the only thing that we are sure is that happens only in your Gnome…

Does it appear any error in gnome looking glass?
    (Alt+F2 then type lg then enter. There will be 3 or more tabs right aligned, if “Error” tab is shown copy what is inside and post here, also trigger the key event to see if display an error too)

Could you also provide these things?
    1- What is inside your /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/00-keyboard.conf file;
    2- env command output;
    3- setxkbmap -print -verbose 10 command output;
    4- What is inside your /etc/environment file;
    5- What is inside your ~/.xbindkeysrc file;

About digging up more information I found this two threads but I recommend neither, both are 2 years old.
    If you want, be free to read.
    https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=216856
    https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=1650669

Ah!! Nothing much related but there are some brave warriors trying to bring an application to control rgb and other things for corsair keyboards, more info here https://github.com/ckb-next/ckb-next.

freezes23 tap2 Posts 42Views 1772
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.