• Mate-Tweak won't open

Hello, when I try to open Mate-Tweak I get the following error:

Window Manager is: marco

(mate-tweak:29764): GLib-GIO-ERROR **: Settings schema ‘org.mate.Marco.general’ does not contain a key named 'side-by-side-tiling’
    Trace/breakpoint trap (core dumped)

I am new to linux and I do not really know how to fix this problem. I guess that it has something to do with the window manager 🤔. I want to use it to set a compositor to get rid of the screen tearing. I am really looking forward to learn more about linux!

• Screen tearing is Marco’s congenital property. It can’t be removed by changing side-by-side or other Marco or Mate settings.

The most practical way to eliminate screen tearing in Mate is to replace Marco with another window manager. Compiz instead of Marco does the job perfectly.

• @just said in Mate-Tweak won't open:

n tearing in Mate is to replace Marco with another window manager. Compiz instead

Thank you! If i switch to compiz wil there be a notable performance difference? Do I have to build compiz myself? I could not find it in the package manager.

• The thread starts to go off-topic. It’s better to start a new topic. For example, Mate-Compiz.

No, replacing Marco by Compiz won’t degrade the performance at all. By contrary, you’ll get an incredibly smooth windows and overall screen management.

You don’t need to build Compiz yourself. Antergos doesn’t have Compiz in its repo(s). Antergos users may install Compiz from AUR. In this case, yaourt (or other AUR helper) will automagically build Compiz for you.

To see AUR packages in pamac, AUR access must be enabled in pamac. It’s better to use pacman and yoaurt directly, instead of their graphical frontends, like pamac or octopi.

There are two Compiz versions in AUR:

• Compiz 0.9.13
    • Compiz 0.8.14

I highly recommend to use Compiz 0.9.13. If you prefer to fight against endless troubles instead, use Compiz 0.8.14. Pay much attention to never mix two versions one with another.

Please, don’t continue Compiz thread here. Create a new topic, if you wish.

• Ok thank you very much!

mate-tweak2 Posts 6Views 803
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.