• The antergos forum activity

do most people who use antergos just use the arch forums mostly? this is my 1st time using antergos but have heard about it for a long time so i know there must be a good amount of users but yet the forum isnt very active

just curious

ps hopefully my dancing megaman will attract more users to the forum

• do most people who use antergos just use the arch forums mostly? this is my 1st time using antergos but have heard about it for a long time so i know there must be a good amount of users but yet the forum isnt very active

just curious

ps hopefully my dancing megaman will attract more users to the forum

• I believe yes.

IMO Antergos provides great graphical installer, which work out-of-the box most the time. And because after installation and first boot you basically get Arch ready to go. If installation fails or first boot after install wasn’t so fine and dandy, people go to this forum and they asking about things and stuff.

I believe, that most of Antergos users choose him, because there is no alternative except BridgeLinux for clean Arch Linux.
    * Manjaro Linux split up from Arch some times ago. They are less bleeding-edge, usually few weeks after Arch. And there are some Manjaro-only apps, like mhwd ( <3 ).
    * Rolling Netrunner is based on Manjaro, not Arch.
    * Chakra ( <3 ) is KDE and x64 only. And they also split up from main Arch stream.
    * ArchBang is too rough on start (targeted for low-tech computers, I think)
    * And the others don’t have enough… clout, to be reliable for most of the users (although they have unique target, like Parabola Linux - “tru” GNU, or LinHES - targeting at TV’s)

So, Antergos is quite popular, because of being “just Arch with nice and powerfull installer”, which most of us - Antergos users - really want. And IMO this is main reason why we have small, but active community - only people, who really want to do something or to know something more about Antergos are using this forum actively. Anyone else don’t wont Antergos - they want to have an Arch as fast, as possible. Because Arch is awesome

• I wondered the same but after reading many of the posts on the forum I see that many members are very knowledgeable and do not require a lot of help.

Posts 4Views 895