• Best openbox distro

ive tried most of the openbox distros out there and i think Antergos has the best out of the box version of it so far

the design of it is very nice. i like having plank on the bottom and the effects that come with compton look very nice. i like the conky that is installed also. just visually everything looks very nice

my quick reviews of different openbox versions

crunchbang - ive used this in the past and this is probably my 2nd favorite version of openbox. also has a nice look out of the box but hasnt been updated in over a year. hard to get latest software packages on it and openbox seems to run faster on arch based systems.

manjarobox - i just came from manjarobox and its pretty nice out of the box also. big problem is the maintainer of it just quit along with several other members. i question how long manjaro will be around really. so hasnt been updated in quite a while. manjarobox seems to run slower than other arch versions.

archbang - i was tempted to go with archbang because it was blazing fast. its been around for a while now and seems like a very good distro. doesnt look that good out of the box though. they leave a lot of the configuring up to you. which is good if you like to customize a lot.

• ive tried most of the openbox distros out there and i think Antergos has the best out of the box version of it so far

the design of it is very nice. i like having plank on the bottom and the effects that come with compton look very nice. i like the conky that is installed also. just visually everything looks very nice

my quick reviews of different openbox versions

crunchbang - ive used this in the past and this is probably my 2nd favorite version of openbox. also has a nice look out of the box but hasnt been updated in over a year. hard to get latest software packages on it and openbox seems to run faster on arch based systems.

manjarobox - i just came from manjarobox and its pretty nice out of the box also. big problem is the maintainer of it just quit along with several other members. i question how long manjaro will be around really. so hasnt been updated in quite a while. manjarobox seems to run slower than other arch versions.

archbang - i was tempted to go with archbang because it was blazing fast. its been around for a while now and seems like a very good distro. doesnt look that good out of the box though. they leave a lot of the configuring up to you. which is good if you like to customize a lot.

• Hi!

Thanks for your kind words!

I also used Crunchbang a lot, in fact Antergos Openbox gets many configuration settings from it!

Thanks again!

Cheers!

• you are very welcome

i thought this felt crunchy

• @“megaman”:37vi3vx8 said:

ive tried most of the openbox distros out there and i think Antergos has the best out of the box version .[/quote:37vi3vx8]

It has the best look ootb for sure. I’m a huge fan of the compton effects - makes it look even more beautiful
    I’m using Antergos XF while I’m waiting for the KDE fix and I have both manjarobox and archbang on my number 2 and 3, so I don’t really need more OB but this one will be in a dualboot with archbang. The beauty and the beast will now be the new name for my no 3 comp

sorry to

• i probably could have stayed with archbang myself but it needs a lot more tweaking after install. i dont mind changing some things but i dont want to do a lot of work. i like a clean look with basic things setup out of the box. Antergos does that nice.

Manjaro also has a nice setup out of the box but nobody is working or has worked on manjarobox for a while. everyone is always fighting over there. had enough of that place. i dont think its that much more stable from what i can tell holding the packages. its a good idea though but much happier using the arch repos

• It is not hard to make your own stuff, but sometimes it is not about the skills, it is about the time and the speed of life in general. It never been a magic to install Arch base, configure, reboot, install xorg, install openbox, login, install your stuff
    that is it, you got it work, still I prefer ready to go Linux Distros, just because I am lazy to clone my configured systems. a lot of time I install configure my system as I wish, but the issue is I dont take backups, so I end up doing the same things again again with every single new installation.

Posts 7Views 4842
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.