• Conflicting Dependencies?

I’m new to Arch and pacman altogether.

What is this about conflicting dependencies? Why must I have cheese to have gnome-control-center?

I have never had these issues with dpkg or rpm linuxes, what am I doing wrong?

• @mattrbonnette said in Conflicting Dependencies?:

gnome-control-center

the fun fact is that gnome-control-center is simply depending on cheese ;) may you only do not see this before as GNOME 3.26 is having some dependencies hard nitted to GNOME like tracker to nautilus … so this is nothing special to arch-based systems…

• @joekamprad
    I understand what you are saying, however Ubuntu is running GNOME 3.26.1. This is not an issue I encounter over there.

I have this issue only with Antergos’s (Arch’s) GNOME 3.26.3. So yeah, I get the numbers don’t match up, but I just can’t believe this is because of that.

• @mattrbonnette said in Conflicting Dependencies?:

gnome-control-center

# Optional dependency for the user accounts panel
    enable_cheese = get_option('cheese')
    if enable_cheese
      assert(clutter_gtk_dep.found(), 'cheese support requested, but clutter-gtk library is not available. Use -Dcheese=false to build without it.')

cheese_deps = [
        clutter_gtk_dep,
        dependency('cheese'),
        dependency('cheese-gtk', version: '>= 3.5.91')
      ]
    endif
    config_h.set('HAVE_CHEESE', enable_cheese,
                 description: 'Define to 1 to enable cheese webcam support')

Source: https://github.com/GNOME/gnome-control-center/blob/master/meson.build

• @joekamprad said in Conflicting Dependencies?:

Use -Dcheese=false to build without it.

so it is possible to do not have cheese as a dependency, but archlinux do not change the sources.

• Understood.

So tell me, how would I go about making them permenantly independent?

• creating your own package, by changing the build process, and maintain it :)

• Hard pass…

dependencies18 conflicting3 Posts 9Views 509
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.