• KDE system-config-samba not working

Hello all,
    I really want to migrate to Antergos KDE, but for the past week I have tried to find a SIMPLE way to share folders and for me it’s a pain.
    I’m kind of a newbie, spent a lot of time with Linux Mint.
    Until now I have used on every distro system-config-samba. A simple and easy way to share folders. Without of terminal. Works without a problem on Ubuntu, LM.
    I don’t mind use the terminal, but not like in this tutorial, from this forum,
    “Sharing files and folders with Samba – Definitive Guide”
    I have tried everything there, step by step, but I don’t know exactly what I’m doing, and why am I installing so many packets.
    AND after I did everything in the tutorial, I have noticed that my hole system is shared with write acces, and don’t know where to change that.
    I understand that for Arch/Antergos you have to be a more advanced linux user, but still, to simply share something, in 2018, you have to do so many operations…for me it’s absurd.
    So, is there a way to share files on Antergos KDE without so many command lines, or how cand I make system-config-samba work in here ?
    I just want to share a folder from Antergos to W7 sistem.
    Thank you for your time !

• also aviable over my repository!

• @joekamprad
    Hello,
    I did install that, first thing.
    Firewall is off.
    Still from Windows I cannot acces shares.
    I cand ping the linux IP from W7…

• @joekamprad
    I did install that, first thing.
    from AUR -> system-config-samba 1.2.100-1
    Firewall is off.

• i do not know much about samba… and configuration is hard to understand…

But i get it working here like this:

copy this as /etc/samba.conf
    (copy from the webside and paste inside the file with sudo nano /etc/samba.conf
    save with [Ctrl+X]
    https://git.samba.org/samba.git/?p=samba.git;a=blob_plain;f=examples/smb.conf.default;hb=HEAD
    (needs root to do that or sudo)
    then start and enable (to get it started automatic on bootup)

sudo systemctl start samba smbd nmbd

sudo systemctl enable samba smbd nmbd

Now you can use system-config-samba

The problem is that samba needs the configuration file to work, and this is not shipped with the samba package anymore…

• Thank you !!

• Thank you too😀
    This will be helpful for others also!
    Will add it to the Wiki as soon as possible!

• But as I can see, I only add my downloads folder but home folder is visible on windows too, may caused by allow guest?

• Useful topic, as if not to lose it. Maybe it can be added to the wiki?

• I can not login to wiki page at the moment…

kde samba share1 Posts 14Views 934
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.