• Create /boot/grub/custom.cfg (grub assistant)

Maybe I should just parse the generated grub.cfg, since it should be correct… :)

• @manuel as it have the normal grub package installed like on a real system it can do that .

• from this side Antergos with no extra /boot, it find Antergos (host) and also windows entries bot not the Main Antergos with the seperate /boot partition ;)

• menuentry 'Antergos (rolling) (was /dev/sdb6) linux' {
      savedefault
      search --set --fs-uuid eadb232***********8d790d3
      linux /boot/vmlinuz-linux root=UUID=ead***********0d3 rw quiet splash
      initrd /boot/intel-ucode.img /boot/initramfs-linux.img
    }

menuentry 'Windows (Windows 10) (/dev/sdb1)' {
      savedefault
      search --set --fs-uuid D4***********F0
      chainloader +1
    }

menuentry 'Windows1 (Windows 10) (/dev/sdb2)' {
      savedefault
      search --set --fs-uuid 704***********7E
      chainloader +1
    }

• @joekamprad

As seen from your examples, it still needs some development. I may change the structure of the code, now it doesn’t have enough info for all things.

But thanks for testing, it has been very useful for finding the problems!

• keep it going! if you get it to this oint it will be very helpful!!

• @joekamprad
    Thanks for the encouragement! :)
    I will continue, and it takes a few days.
    Started to reorganize code for the better…

• @joekamprad
    Making progress! Now a separate /boot partition seems to work, but still testing some other features. Hopefully by tomorrow we have a new release! :)

• @joekamprad and all
    Finally login to forum works.

And now there’s a new release of antergos-customcfg, ready for testing!
    Many bugs were fixed, and some new options added.

Waiting for your testing results! :)

• Now there’s a new release 0.1.34 that includes many bug fixes. It should work now quite well, but I think it needs much more testing still, especially on the Windows side.

So anyone willing to give it a try, please do so and report the results here! :)

I believe it is safe to use, since it may modify only file /boot/grub/custom.cfg (which is not written by the system, system only reads it if it exists).

• I am with you, and will test

• Now there’s release 0.1.40 with some fixes and new features.

For example, it now can generate a menu entry for booting using the Antergos ISO file directly (and lets you install Antergos if you wish).
    So burning an Antergos USB stick is not required when installing (another) Antergos. :)

• Release 0.1.41 is out. It includes a minor fix for detecting Windows better.

• @manuel I just found this post and I just want to say I was able to correct a similar problem using grub-customizer found in AUR. I realize this isn’t the best way for correcting grub problems but it worked flawlessly for me. I have two 1Tb HDDs with several partitions on each one. Windows 7 Pro together with Mint 18.2. Then Antergos with Mint 18.3. My home directorys are in separate partitions from ‘home’. I would like to try your script the next time I have boot problems.

• @petronius
    The grub-customizer is somewhat different (afaik), since it modifies /boot/grub/grub.cfg, but antergos-customcfg writes /boot/grub/custom.cfg and not /boot/grub/grub.cfg.

Of course users can use both tools for similar purposes (enable booting in case of problems).

So you can try antergos-customcfg even now (if you wish!), since it does not change any critical parts of your system. It just gives you some more boot menu entries, and if you don’t need them after testing, you can just delete file /boot/grub/custom.cfg and the new boot menu entries will go away.

• Note that after running antergos-customcfg, you can manually edit (with your favorite editor) file /boot/grub/customcfg.

For example, you can experiment with kernel boot parameters, comment out unnecessary entries, etc.

But be aware that running antergos-customcfg simply overwrites file /boot/grub/custom.cfg. You may still “chain” the generated files, like /boot/grub/custom01.cfg, /boot/grub/custom02.cfg, /boot/grub/custom03.cfg etc. if you really want to keep your special boot menu entries.

• Hello all!

Time to release a new version, 0.1.57!
    Please don’t mind the large gap in version numbering, it just includes all minor changes that I’ve been working on since the last release.

Main changes are:

• Added support for kernel boot parameters from variable GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT in file /etc/default/grub.
    • Added a config file /boot/grub/custom.conf. Please note however that the location of this file may change some day.
    • Now creating a backup file of custom.cfg before overwriting it.

Check the release notes at Github! :)

grub111 assistant5 Posts 37Views 1602
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.