• Simple graphical user manager (for Xfce mainly)

Hello sunny world! ☀

Now there’s a (very simple yad based) graphical user manager available for Antergos Xfce users. It is in
    https://github.com/manuel-192/UserManager

Please bear in mind that it is not extensively tested. So if you find any bugs, please report them on this thread.

And please note also that this doesn’t yet have many (shining) features, but just the basic ones. If you have development ideas, feel free to talk!

Thanks for your patience and enjoy! :)

• may need a UserManager.desktop file to be reachable over menu?

• @joekamprad
    Now it should be there. Thanks for the heads up! :)

• yes works! will add to my repo later after a very long kernel build :)

one thing: you do not change package version, so makepkg will not build with new PKGBUILD without forcing, it takes the already builded one and ask for install…

• @joekamprad
    Oh yes, just added a new file, should have changed the version, too. Sorry about that.
    But if nobody else has installed it yet, then I don’t need to change it this time. But thanks for the info! :)

• Mainly the idea of my repository was to try out creating one, but as i can see it is usefull for ommunity packages also, so i was thinking about a community repository, where we can share packages like this.
    I just upgraded my server and now it has 100GB storage, and a lot of included fast traffic.

I was thinking about setting up a buildserver (just an older machine with antergos and ssh) to build packages and upload them to my repo.

• @joekamprad
    That’s a great idea! 100 GB should be enough for quite some time for community packages. And with fast traffic it sounds great. Please keep us all informed about this! :)

While reading your post, I started to think that if Antergos devs are not archiving old ISOs, then could this storage be used for archiving a certain amount of recent ISOs, too? Or should we ask Antergos devs to keep some of the older ISOs available? It may require lots of traffic because of the size of the ISOs.

Probably not many of them need to be archived, just maybe five latest?

Those old ISOs can sometimes be useful if the latest ISO does not boot on some special system, an older ISO just might boot, as we have seen before.

• Hi all!
    A new release 1.16 is now available, see github for details! :)

• @manuel Sorry, new release is 1.6, not 1.16.

• @manuel older ISO’ s are aviable over linuxtracker with good speed, and it would be no bigger problem for devs keep some ISO’s on sourceforge as far as i can see.

Do you check already if it is possible to get upadeted versions without changing the PKGBUILD? so that i can simple rebuild and uploadautomatic without have to change the PKGBUILD all the time?

As i can see this is done by the git PKGBUILDS on AUR:
    https://aur.archlinux.org/cgit/aur.git/tree/PKGBUILD?h=i3-gnome-git

But may i am wrong and it is not possible :)

• @joekamprad
    In your link the PKGBUILD gets the required package release number using git commands, so that might be possible.
    But the disturbing feature in this PKGBUILD is that it skips checksums totally, so the package might not be reliable without having proper checksums.

So it is possible, but may be unreliable (as far as I know).

• @joekamprad
    The new PKGBUILD can be downloaded with a simple command (it is quiet with the -q option!):

wget -q https://github.com/manuel-192/UserManager/raw/master/PKGBUILD

so it should be easy to do… :)

xfce78 manager72 graphical13 simple8 Posts 12Views 1305
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.