Disk /dev/nvme0n1: 238.5 GiB, 256060514304 bytes, 500118192 sectors
    Units: sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes
    Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
    I/O size (minimum/optimal): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
    Disklabel type: gpt
    Disk identifier: BD30DF3A-7F01-49B8-A5BC-EE9A6EF67E8A

Device             Start       End   Sectors  Size Type
    /dev/nvme0n1p1      2048 398460927 398458880  190G Microsoft basic data
    /dev/nvme0n1p2 398460928 399482879   1021952  499M Windows recovery environment
    /dev/nvme0n1p3 399482880 399687679    204800  100M EFI System
    /dev/nvme0n1p4 399687680 399720447     32768   16M Microsoft reserved

Disk /dev/sda: 931.5 GiB, 1000204886016 bytes, 1953525168 sectors
    Units: sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes
    Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 4096 bytes
    I/O size (minimum/optimal): 4096 bytes / 4096 bytes
    Disklabel type: dos
    Disk identifier: 0x679c29f9

Device     Boot      Start        End    Sectors   Size Id Type
    /dev/sda1             2048 1572863999 1572861952   750G  7 HPFS/NTFS/exFAT
    /dev/sda2       1572866048 1953523711  380657664 181.5G 83 Linux

• @fnc
    I’m wondering if there is something wrong with the SSD, since fdisk shows some different partitions and sizes from lsblk. Could you show the output of

df -hT

to check the partition sizes a bit more?

Another potential problem is that SSD has gpt partition table, but HDD has msdos partition table. In UEFI system all disks should be gpt based (so I’ve read, but haven’t verified that myself).

If I were you, I’d be tempted to reinstall both Windows and Antergos to make sure that all things are made right. I’d use gpt partition table on both disks. And after installing Windows, Antergos install can use the same EFI partition by mounting it to /boot/efi.
    But it takes some time (and backups!) to do, so I understand you may not be willing to do it.

• @manuel said in Can't install Antergos:

@fnc
    I’m wondering if there is something wrong with the SSD, since fdisk shows some different partitions and sizes from lsblk. Could you show the output of

df -hT

to check the partition sizes a bit more?

Another potential problem is that SSD has gpt partition table, but HDD has msdos partition table. In UEFI system all disks should be gpt based (so I’ve read, but haven’t verified that myself).

If I were you, I’d be tempted to reinstall both Windows and Antergos to make sure that all things are made right. I’d use gpt partition table on both disks. And after installing Windows, Antergos install can use the same EFI partition by mounting it to /boot/efi.
    But it takes some time (and backups!) to do, so I understand you may not be willing to do it.

I would like to clarify some things since I haven’t explained myself really good:

lsblk command was run when my SSD had mbr partition table, after that and because of windows problems, I changed it to gpt
    fdisk was run when the SSD was updated to gpt partition table
    → To my knowledge, the important thing for UEFI is that any disk holding a OS has a gpt partition table. My HDD purpose is only to keep data and not OS, that’s why it hasn a mbr partition table.
    → Regarding to your advice of reinstalling both Windows and Antergos, I did reinstall Windows because of some issues, having a new EFI partition created correctly by Windows installer. But, I can’t still not run a live USB of Antergos to get it installed.

• @fnc
    Thanks for the clarification.
    But when you said you used to have msdos partition table on SSD, do you mean that your machine supports both UEFI and BIOS legacy boot?

And are you trying to install both OSs to the SSD? If so, then I misinterpreted your goals, I thought you’d install Antergos to the HDD as there was an ext4 partition. But you meant that for Antergos data?

Anyway, could you show the contents of the EFI partition:

sudo mount /dev/nvme0n1p3 /mnt
    find /mnt -iname \*.efi -exec ls -l {} \;

Maybe there is something special…
    But of not, I’m starting to be out of ideas. :(

• @manuel

The laptop supports UEFI-CSM (I don’t know what it is), UEFI and Legacy BIOS.

I’m trying to install both OSs in the SSD right. Ext4 partition in the HDD is for /home, sorry I didn’t explained.

I’ll edit the message and show the EFI partitions in a moment.

I’m starting to think it is something related to intel i915 driver, but I don’t really understand how to solve the problem discussed in the link below:
    https://github.com/Bumblebee-Project/Bumblebee/issues/764#issuecomment-234494238

• I can’t edit the previous post. Here are the contents of the EFI partition:

[[email protected] ~]$ find /mnt -iname \*.efi -exec ls -l {} \;
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1237912 Jan 17 23:31 /mnt/EFI/Microsoft/Boot/bootmgr.efi
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1083800 Jan 17 23:24 /mnt/EFI/Microsoft/Boot/memtest.efi
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1252760 Jan 17 23:31 /mnt/EFI/Microsoft/Boot/bootmgfw.efi
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1252760 Jan 17 23:31 /mnt/EFI/Boot/bootx64.efi

• @fnc
    If your laptop (or some very similar system) is included in that github link, then maybe that could help, worth trying anyway. They are talking about additional kernel boot parameters that you could try inserting on the kernel command line while booting from the stick. Just like you inserted that blacklist thing before.

If that doesn’t help, maybe Arch wiki could have some more useful info about your machine (or a very similar one).

The files in the EFI partition seem to be in order, so cannot figure out anything from that, sorry.

• Thanks for your help @joekamprad and @manuel

I was able to boot using antergos minimal 18.2 iso and acpi_osi=! acpi_osi="Windows 2009" nomodeset i915.modeset=1 kernel parameters. I followed all the installation process and finished successfully, however, grub is not shown at boot up and I can’t boot into Antergos.

I think I’ll give it a time and retry in a couple months to see if i915 problems have been fixed.

• @fnc
    If you don’t have grub boot menu when starting the installed Antergos, then that may be a different problem.

Can you select grub to boot from the BIOS/firmware?

Often you get to BIOS/firmware during boot by pressing F2 (or maybe some other function key) key several times before the boot process starts.

• @manuel said in Can't install Antergos:

@fnc
    If you don’t have grub boot menu when starting the installed Antergos, then that may be a different problem.

Can you select grub to boot from the BIOS/firmware?

Often you get to BIOS/firmware during boot by pressing F2 (or maybe some other function key) key several times before the boot process starts.

You’re right, there it was. Thanks!

• @fnc
    Do you feel this thread can be marked as solved? There’s a button below… :)

• Hi,

After months of trying new releases of antergos iso, release 2018.5 seems to boot up. But I can’t get the mouse or keyboard to work, neither an external USB ones, any solution for this issue?

Thanks!

• Blacklisting nouveau module solves the issue, and finally let me install and use antergos on the laptop.

• I don’t know how this thread got to where it is, but as a refresher, here’s the error message it started with:

‘Cannot create download package list (metalinks).’
    Please reference the following number when reporting this error: 971318

I had the same problem installing “antergos-18.4-x86_64.iso” and nothing worked at first, I don’t have an EFI BIOS, no Nvidea graphics card, have very fast and reliable Internet connection… ( (AMD Quad core) Been there, done that, tried everything suggested in this thread and others, nothing worked.

I tried the next day (after trying for 42 hours straight, one has to sleep) and all of a sudden it just worked the first try with default mirrors selected.

I am now trying on an only slightly different system (no Nvidea,or EFI), It is a different processor (Intel 2core) I get the same error, tried every possible mirror combo = Nothing!!!

This time I tried antergos-18.6-x86_64.iso and went back to antergos-18.4-x86_64.iso both have the same problem, NOTHING WORKS!

In my case it can’t be EFI, nor Nvidea! It has nothing to do with hardware as 5 different Linux distros install just fine including some that are older than the PC!

This Must be in fact a problem with the mirrors!!! By the way some of them are in the list twice! Hell, the Error message says it too! Or is it just a universal message that pops up for every problem, no matter what it is?

This is frustrating, makes The developers look bad, and me angry, and it needs to be fixed!!

I think that the only reason all of the other tricks seam to work for some people, is out of sheer luck, as it did for me some 6 months ago mysteriously and without any hacking, it just worked. Now all I can do is try everyday until I get lucky again, it’s pathetic.

Posts 56Views 5034
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.