• Request for Build

I have HP Envy x360 Ryzen laptop, and I cannot use any Linux Disto at all without last kernel (4.15.2) atm, since it contains amd DC (including Vega mobile graphics I guess).

Is there any chance for build and iso upload (XFCE)?

Much obliged :)

• @dunjam023 said in Request for Build:

Is there any chance for build and iso upload (XFCE)?

What exactly could i do for you?

Do you find this kernel already?
    https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/linux-hp-envy-x360-git/
    https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/linux-hp-envy-x360-git/

• @joekamprad Something like this this is Manjaro example
    build ISO with latest kernel and upload on sourceforge.

Thanks

• So you can not boot with Antergos ISO 18.2?
    If you can boot with the ISO you will be able to install and then build the linux-hp-envy-x360-git kernel…

• @joekamprad Nope. Since it doesn’t have AMDGPU DC in it.

• It should be possible to build Install ISO with a custom kernel.
    I am developing a Antergos rescue ISO but never with custom kernel, but I will have a look.
    Would be nice of you, to give me some info, as it sounds like you do some research!
    If it is possible to get the kernel needed for your hardware, I can build an ISO tomorrow.

• Yeah, it is necessary to be 4.15.2 kernel (latest one) or at least 4.15 because as I said it contains AMDGPU display code for Vega.

I am pretty much newbie (used Linux only once and it was Antergos on my old laptop). So, I apologize…

Thank You a lot :)

• So this would work as uit is made exactly for yours:
    https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/linux-hp-envy-x360-git/
    This is based on linux-ryzen-git AUR, but added AMDGPU module for HP Envy x360 laptop.

• Brainstorming:

• ISO with linux-hp-envy-x360 kernel makes you able to boot ISO
    • you will be able to install Antergos

Problem:

• it will install Main Kernel: so you will need to install custom kernel after installation, and installed system is unbootable :(

Workaround:

• arch-chroot and install custom Kernel.
    • create a custom cnchi = much work ;)
  • I do build linux-hp-envy-x360 kernel and put it on my repository (see link in my signature)
    But also actual main actual kernel is 4.15.2-2-ARCH so you will be able to boot directly after installation.
    I just try to rebuild my antergos: rescue ISO and added the linux-hp-envy-x360 kernel for you.
    Building the kernel has taken long and rebuilding the ISO will take up to 3 hours from now…
    But then it will be aviable here: http://kamprad.net/Downloads/antergos-rescue/release/

• sadly it looks like the ISO is not bootable mostly… i will rebuild original antergos :rescue so that it will have latest kernel 4.15.2 on it and may i get linux-hp-envy-x360 kernel also on it… but will take two hours.

• sadly it looks like the ISO is not bootable mostly… i will rebuild original antergos :rescue so that it will have latest kernel 4.15.2 on it and may i get linux-hp-envy-x360 kernel olso on it… i got problems on building the ISo, i need to resolve first…

• forum is not working good at the moment…

• @joekamprad Hey Johannes, I really appreciate Your hardwork! If You manage to buiild it successfully, I will surely share it. There are much more HP Ryzen useres who want Linux then me.

Much Obliged! 😃

• @dunjam023 as i am not sure if the new kernel from Archrepo is including what is needed to get yours and similar systems boot, i put some time in this.

Would be nice to get some feedback if the current kernel 4.15.2 from archrepo makes you able to boot. So as it will be included in the next official Antergos ISO it will be possible to get Antergos installed on this new ryzen systems.

If not my ISO includes both kernels official 4.15.2-2-ARCH and based on linux-ryzen-git-kernel with added AMDGPU module for HP Envy x360 laptops. You will be able to choose both from boot menu.

If you realy need the linux-hp-envy-x360-git-kernel you can install it from my repo after installation.

We will see if you need to boot without graphical environment or you need to boot from Install ISO and chroot into installed system, as installation can not install from my repo…

• i need to rebuild caus some error with boot menu entries…

• @joekamprad No prob. , I have a free time :) Thank You so much again, I know it is not easy. No worries please! 😄

• i am still try to understand archiso scripts … it is kind of complex…

request8 Posts 22Views 812
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.