• evolution-source-registry grappling one cpu core with 100% usage

Hi,

I’m having trouble with evolution-source-registry stuck in one cpu core using 100% after last update, is anyone else having same issue?

AMD FX8350
    16GB Ram
    Nvidia GTX760 (GK104) proprietary driver
    Linux 4.15.1-2-ARCH #1 SMP Sun Feb 4 22:27:45 UTC 2018 x86_64 GNU/Linux
    Gnome 3.26.2 on Xorg

• @edwin-foss said in evolution-source-registry grappling one cpu core with 100% usage:

evolution-source-registry

one of the two very annoying thing on GNOME… tracker and evolution… and almost no way to remove them ;)

• @joekamprad said in evolution-source-registry grappling one cpu core with 100% usage:

@edwin-foss said in evolution-source-registry grappling one cpu core with 100% usage:

evolution-source-registry

one of the two very annoying thing on GNOME… tracker and evolution… and almost no way to remove them ;)

Totally agree, it’s very annoying, but at least in tracker or part of it, you can remove tracker-miner and disable search function in gnome-control-center

• Well, after some epiphany, I tried to remove evolution-data-server as I don’t have any program that depends on it and now my system is working as intended.

It’s not a solution but this workaround solved my problem with wasted resources by evolution.

• I wouldn’t call this “solved” I have the exact same problem

• @carvas-f

Sorry for that… well, I don’t know if I can open again…
    Do you use gnome-calendar, evolution mail client or even holidays data in gnome-shell?
    It’s because if you remove evolution-data-server there’ll be no holidays data in gnome-shell drop down calendar;

I don’t use any of these because my workflow in Gnome the top bar is just a date and time display and sometimes day of week lookup which in other way also means less transactions with the server to retrieve new files that I’ll never use.

Anyway, next month gnome 3.28 will be released and this issue probably fixed, if not, we just fill a bug report 😁 .

• We will see if we get this gnome version, may it will take to next month…

• Gnome-Umstände and testing do not carry any gnome packages

• gnome-unstable

cpu21 1008 core5 grappling1 Posts 9Views 945
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.