• Antergos + Deepin

Hello everybody,

I’m a new and very happy Antergos user as I had been looking for an easy to install flavor of the powerful Arch since a long time.

Since Unity has been killed by Canonical I had to look for a great Desktop too and taking account I don’t like neither KDE or GNOME (Mate, Cinnamon) I have been really happy to discover Deepin Desktop.

And now I discover the “Reborn OS” project, and I’m not very happy. The concept is perfect: an easy to install Arch for every desktop but… it’s so hard to build a community, to have a sufficient size to catch most of bugs on a lot of hardware and help people.

Where was the problem in improving Antergos for alternative desktops ?

• no problem so far…
    We have deepin inside cnchi, so it is installable and working fine.
    Improving it will mostly take part onto deepin development itself and then reaches Antergos.

[updates once a week] = [90% less problems]
    my#repo
    my-blog#k
    how to add system logs
    i3 GNOME

• @joekamprad

If no problem so far… why the Reborn OS fork ?

• If no problem so far… why the Reborn OS fork ?

@Keegan is the creator of the fork, so he should be the one explaining this…

He started helping us with the Deepin setup (among other things). But in the end he wanted more control of all the process involved in creating a distribution.

He was very kind and warned me about the fork before doing it, and even I do not fully agree with his actions, I totally understand why he did what he did.

I agree that his work would be more useful if he decided to stay with us… pity.

Anyway, he’s still in this forum and tries to help others (and does).

And I still think that someday he will get tired of working alone, will abandon reborn os and will come back to work in his Deepin setup in Antergos again.

Cheers!

• @karasu thanks a lot for your answer and your transparency. I think psychology and social relationship are as important as computer sciences skills to build free software.
    I really hope @Keegan will come back home as soon as possible.

• To give the antithesis also:
    @Keegan this is linux, do what ever YOU want to do! 😎

my#repo
    my-blog#k
    how to add system logs
    i3 GNOME

• @joekamprad it´s a logical flaw about freedom, it´s not because you can do what you want that all is equal, I´m quite sure you don´t want to encourage @Keegan to kill himself because he is free to do it ?

• @fgallaire what exactly do you want to tell me?

i was talking about LINUX, so i was clear on direction… and i feel you take my joke a bit tooooo serious 😉

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thesis,_antithesis,_synthesis

my#repo
    my-blog#k
    how to add system logs
    i3 GNOME

deepin35 Posts 8Views 240
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.