• What download?

Todays’ 02/06/2018 download does not seem to be happening.

I have re-booted but still the download is not happening. Says download size 335.2mb. Either this is the slowest ever download or I am
    impatient which is it?

• It is slow, just have patience. Chromium and the Linux kernels take a longer time than usual to download.

Gnome/XFCE/i3-WM

Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing its stupid.

• Okay I will give it another go, just wondered why nothing is seen happening in the details.

• Yes, I wondered that too, maybe you can try it on a later time, perhaps the server is too busy?

Gnome/XFCE/i3-WM

Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing its stupid.

• So you did complete the download? How long did it take?

• https://sourceforge.net/projects/antergos/files/mirror/iso/release/

there you can choose also different mirrors, i get 5.62 MB/s
    0_1517934215105_Bildschirmfoto vom 2018-02-06 17-23-17.png

or try the torrent!

[updates once a week] = [90% less problems]
    my#repo
    how to add system logs:
    wget http://bit.ly/2GCG9k2 && sh 2GCG9k2
    i3-°-xfce

• In my case almost forty minutes, Chromium download looked like a complete standstill and when I tried to abort it, it steadily, but slowly went on.

Gnome/XFCE/i3-WM

• @rosswmcgee
    I’m a bit confused by @joekamprad 's post, you were talking about the update download? Because that’s what I was talking about.

Gnome/XFCE/i3-WM

• to me download sounds 100% like downloading the ISO?

my#repo
    how to add system logs:
    i3-°-xfce

• Yes, you’re right, but I saw the download size, not thinking of the minimal installer, and assumed @rosswmcgee meant today’s updates, which had kind of similar size.

Gnome/XFCE/i3-WM

• I do mean todays updates, which so far have not been downloaded.

No progress whatsoever shown in details. Something is not right here because I have been over two hours into it.

• Then something is wrong, with me it was downloading chromium and it was slow, like the kernel updates. Only I could see the progress.

Gnome/XFCE/i3-WM

• Maybe refreshing the mirrors will help?

Gnome/XFCE/i3-WM

• fetchmirrors and rankmirrors

sudo fetchmirrors -s 23

rankmirrors -n 0 /etc/pacman.d/antergos-mirrorlist > /tmp/antergos-mirrorlist && sudo cp /tmp/antergos-mirrorlist /etc/pacman.d/

my#repo
    how to add system logs:
    i3-°-xfce

• sudo fetchmirrors -s 23
    bash: [email protected]: command not found

@joekamprad said in What download?:

sudo [email protected] ~]$ sudo fetchmirrors -s 23
    sudo: fetchmirrors: command not found
    [[email protected] ~]$

• @rosswmcgee said in What download?:

fetchmirrors

yaourt -S fetchmirrors

first not installed by default… or use rankmirrors too for archlinux mirrorlist:

rankmirrors -n 0 /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist > /tmp/mirrorlist && sudo cp /tmp/mirrorlist /etc/pacman.d/

my#repo
    how to add system logs:
    i3-°-xfce

• $ yaourt -S fetchmirrors
    bash: yaourt: command not found

$ 0 /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist > /tmp/mirrorlist && sudo cp /tmp/mirrorlist /etc/pacman.d/
    bash: 0: command not found

I do not understand why I am having this problem with updates. Antergos is great but this needs to be resolved.

$ yaourt -S fetchmirrors
    bash: yaourt: command not found

$ 0 /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist > /tmp/mirrorlist && sudo cp /tmp/mirrorlist /etc/pacman.d/

I do not understand why I am having this problem with updates. Antergos is great but this needs to be resolved.

yaourt is a program and you don’t have it installed. See this:
    [[email protected] tmp]# pacman -Qs yaourt
    local/yaourt 1.9-1
    A pacman wrapper with extended features and AUR support
    [[email protected] tmp]#

I have installed it on my system, so you need to do first:

pacman -S yaourt

Then you can do those commands @joekamprad wrote, but be careful on the copy because you did not copy the second command completely.

Todays’ 02/06/2018 download does not seem to be happening.

I have re-booted but still the download is not happening. Says download size 335.2mb. Either this is the slowest ever download or I am
    impatient which is it?

Usually it depends on your connection, but on the package manager, after you click apply, you have the details button on the left, so you can see what’s happening.

Updates are fast to download, unless you are on a very slow connection or mirror. I’ve seen that in countries that connections are really slow.

you missed the programm at the beginning = rankmirrors -n was missing

rankmirrors -n 0 /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist > /tmp/mirrorlist && sudo cp /tmp/mirrorlist /etc/pacman.d/

my#repo
    how to add system logs:
    i3-°-xfce

error221 Posts 38Views 431
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.