• Antergos beta testing

To be honest, I only have this issue since this past hour.

• we should simple donate some tousends $ to our devs to get into programming an native Antergos package manager ;)

• @joekamprad
    That would be nice to have. But developing a working package manager is not very easy… :)

• That would be the answer… although, maybe it’s a hiccup in the system. Pamac resolves issues very rapidly.

• @joekamprad said in Antergos beta testing:

some tousends $

may better some 10 tousends then ;)

• Well, I must be just lucky not to have that issue… Or maybe the mirrors are not yet updated… ;)

• Well I didn’t win this month lottery, but maybe next month🤞

• My first mirror in antergos-mirrorlist is https://mirror.de.leaseweb.net/antergos/$repo/$arch
    I suppose it should be up to date?

• pamac 6.4.0-1 last update 3.6.2018

• https://antergos.com/blog/coming-soon-a-more-app-centric-package-management-experience/
    0_1528725866134_Bildschirmfoto vom 2018-06-11 16-03-50.png
    If they reach donation up from $500 per month, a fair price, and needs only 156 donators more giving $2 per month ;)

• About latest pamac: have you experienced any freezing issues?

Here it always freezes for a while (about a minute or so) near the end of updating. Fortunately it continues, but the pamac window is totally unmanageable during that minute.

• @joekamprad
    The new Vivaldi version runs here without problems, thank you.

@manuel
    I just did an update and I don’t have that, maybe reinstalling pamac helps?

• @bryanpwo Yup, I’ll try that, thanks!

• @manuel yes some times pamac gets laggy … but not bad as update popup… i do not use pamac since that…

• @Bryanpwo
    Unfortunately reinstall didn’t help. I looked at pacman.log, and it seems to be stuck when running some texinfo hook (probably trying to update some info pages for packages). But I don’t know if that is the real problem, since I assume that has been done for ages already without problems.

@joekamprad
    I have been using pamac for a long time since it is easy and versatile, but occasionally it has had more or less nasty problems. Nowadays I use pacman mostly, and a couple of AUR packages with pamac.

All in all, package management is not as easy job…

• @manuel
    I’ll be updating with Pamac from now on, just to see if I run into this problem also. (Normally I run updates with Pacman. When I read your post on this, I did one update with Pamac.)

• @bryanpwo
    Thanks for testing it. To clarify still, pamac-updater seems to do all the things it should, so it works OK.
    The only issue is that it freezes without any obvious reason for a while (about 1 or 2 minutes). The pamac window doesn’t react to any mouse action, e.g. cannot move it.

So far I haven’t been able to find the cause. Maybe an update of something, but that’s just a guess, as good as any.

• @manuel
    I’ve been updating with Pamac since yesterday and in that time I had a large KDE update and today a large merely QT update. (also some small updates in between) In all that time Pamac didn’t freeze. My other machine with XFCE/I3-wm on it, doesn’t have that problem either.
    In another post I’ve read you’ve installed Dolphin in your XFCE setup, since Dolphin also brings QT and Plasma dependancies. Could your problem be related in having QT/GTK conflicting issues within XFCE?

• @bryanpwo
    Thanks for testing, and the new idea, I’ll test it later today.

testing9 beta7 Posts 204Views 9286
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.