• what happen with linux and linux-LTS ?

Hello, everyone!

My machine didn’t boot after it upgraded to the last lts kernel too! No kernel after 4.10 boots on my machine, so I downgraded lts to the 4.9 again from my “Manjaro for backup” system using chroot. But I want to know why those kernel versions can’t boot. Is there some kind of “check list” or a test that I can do to find the problem and disable some code of kernels to make it work?

Sorry for my english! 😄

• Something went wrong with the Linux-lts version, I think it was meant to be for the regular kernel. Now linux kernel is at 4.15 and lts kernel is at 4.16. So nvidia-lts and linux -lts aren’t in sync at the moment.

KDE/XFCE/i3-WM

Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing its stupid.

• @bryanpwo you mean linux-lts is now 4.14 , each january period is a lts time… lts lives 2 years

• @bryanpwo
    You are right (but with a typo): linux-lts is 4.4.16 as it should now be, but linux is 4.4.15 which is clearly wrong. Maybe @developers can do something? Or is it just an upstream problem?

EDIT: checked it from upstream, it is their problem, will be fixed soon.

• @manuel @ringo32
    Yes it was a confusing typo, sorry for that.
    Good to know that it got noticed upstream.

KDE/XFCE/i3-WM

Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing its stupid.

• If its on kernel arch become bit more conservative, its good i would say 🙂 is just when manjaro force quickly to next new kernel in te repo. Arch seems have bit more conservative, is fine, mostly issues is on the first 2 point release 🙂 in my experience. even 4.15rc lives a while bugs could be subjective also.

Posts 6Views 216
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.