• Installation problem (graphics card?)

overheating and switching off the computer? O___O

if there is a way to disable the nvidia from bios, try it

live dvd run in compatibility mode, installed system will not and you can experience problems (as I did)
    you should be sure that nvidia card is not used anymore (is seems unstable)

• This laptop (I suppose most laptops) has sensors on the motherboard, so when it gets in red, temperature-wise, it goes off to prevent damage. BIOS is customized by sony so the only option to switch off nvidia would be a physical switch, as I mentioned. However, as I also mentioned, in that case I wouldn’t be able to do anything with the laptop, since intel graphics driver is not working, there’s just black screen.

BTW both graphic cards work fine under other OS-es. I played stalker on nvidia the other day (in windows) for couple hours with no problems.

This seems to be the issue only with Arch or chnch. I didn’t have time to try installing arch the orthodox way so I used evo/lution (I think) which is basically chnch modified, at least to what I can tell, to only use arch repos. The result on intel is the same, black screen.

I am running sabayon now, mainly because of gnome 3 and it works fine, but I still prefer (and this is understatement) antergos.

Is there any tool that could tell if graphics driver is loaded before some other required module resulting in this weird problem that appears only on antergos/arch?

• @“vlad”:x2x5z0x4 said:

This laptop (I suppose most laptops) has sensors on the motherboard, so when it gets in red, temperature-wise, it goes off to prevent damage. BIOS is customized by sony so the only option to switch off nvidia would be a physical switch, as I mentioned. However, as I also mentioned, in that case I wouldn’t be able to do anything with the laptop, since intel graphics driver is not working, there’s just black screen.[/quote:x2x5z0x4]
    It maybe related to driver version.
    certain versions of nvidia’s driver cause the overheating.

Posts 23Views 9617
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.