• Xresources font syntax

I want to apply emacs font to Xresources.

In emacs M-X describe-font output is

name (opened by): -1ASC-Droid Sans-normal-normal-normal-*-15-*-*-*-*-0-iso10646-1
           full name: Droid Sans:pixelsize=15:foundry=1ASC:weight=normal:slant=normal:width=normal:scalable=true
           file name: /usr/share/fonts/TTF/DroidSans.ttf
                size: 15
              height: 18
     baseline-offset:  0
    relative-compose:  0
      default-ascent:  0
              ascent: 14
             descent:  4
       average-width:  7
         space-width:  4
           max-width:  4

But when I put the name or the full name in .Xresources, it doesn’t work (can’t open a new urxvt instance).

urxvt.font:	Droid Sans:pixelsize=15:foundry=1ASC:weight=normal:slant=normal:width=normal:scalable=tru\
        e

So I added xft to make it work :

urxvt.font: xft:Droid Sans:pixelsize=15:foundry=1ASC:weight=norma\
        l:slant=normal:width=normal:scalable=true

But now it looks really bad :

imgur screenshot

How to remove italic, correct spacing and style and how to display specials characters instead of squares ?

• Looks better now with

URxvt.font: xft:Droid Sans Mono:pixelsize=11:Regular                                                                                                                                                                
    URxvt.boldFont: xft:Droid Sans Mono:pixelsize=11:Regular                                                                                                                                                            
    URxvt.italicFont: xft:Droid Sans Mono:pixelsize=11:Regular                                                                                                                                                          
    URxvt.boldItalicFont: xft:Droid Sans Mono:pixelsize=11:Regular                                                                                                                                                      
    URxvt.letterSpace: -

Still have unknown characters from fish prompt tho.

font30 syntax3 xresources2 Posts 2Views 414
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.