• Preload apps

Hi.
    WAs just curious if anyone else has yet tried out preloading some of their apps with this
    link text
    Has it worked for you, personally?
    I know it’s dependent upon your habits, ram, etc. But would still like to know.

• @modisc I was testing this some time ago, but it looks like I forget about it…
    As I do start some big progs by default I can give it a try again.

• @joekamprad
    I was just mainly thinking of using for Opera or Chrome browsers.
    I don’t believe Opera has much of a big cpu footprint like firefox might have, hence the original question.

But you say that you tested it earlier, I’m thinking of it too; however, Opera being my main browser and as I’ve become aware, it doesn’t really take long for it to start up. So i’m wondering that it’s even worth it to install.

• gopreload-prepare vivaldi-stable
    Detecting opened files...
    Press [ENTER] when you're done

/bin/gopreload-prepare: Zeile 58:  9837 Trace/Breakpoint ausgelöst   (Speicherabzug geschrieben) strace -f -F -e trace=open,openat,access $* 2> /tmp/out.$EUID.gopreload
    Detection completed, parsing file list...
    Done with parsing, backtracing symbolic links...
    162 on 162 done, will use 54MB to preload them 
    /usr/share/gopreload/enabled/vivaldi-stable.1000.openfiles-55MB.txt compiled.

• I can not see really a faster startup, on Vivaldi, try also adding some more apps, like office, but I do not see a benefit

apps20 preload2 Posts 5Views 324
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.