• Accidentally uninstalled pacman from AUR! Please help!

I’m a newbie to arch. Initially, i was getting an error of unable to get config file(mirror list not present; but when i checked it was there in /etc/pacman.d), whenever i tried to update or install an app via pacman , so i was looking for solutions and i accidentally uninstalled pacman from AUR, and now have neither. Is there any way i can get it back without installing antergos again?

1. Boot from live media. >
    2. mount the root (/) partition of your installed system find out with sudo fdisk -l or lsblk -f and do a sudo mount /dev/sdXn /mnt where Xn needs to be replaced with that letter and number from you installed root (/) !
    3. From the archlive prompt: sudo pacman -S -r /mnt pacman
  • Is yaourt installed? If yes, just install pacman with it.

yaourt -S pacman

J.

• @jeannie____ as far as I know yaourt is directly depending on pacman,so it will be unusable or uninstalled.

• It’s worth a try.
    J.

• @jeannie____ yaourt wasn’t installed, so wasn’t able to try this :/

• @abhishek31 and do you try what i give you before?

• @abhishek31 said in Accidentally uninstalled pacman from AUR! Please help!:

@jeannie____ yaourt wasn’t installed, so wasn’t able to try this :/

Then how did you uninstall pacman through AUR? do you use something different than yaourt?

Usually AUR = yaourt

• @fernandomaroto to be more specific: AUR PKGBUILDS will usually build with yaourt, installing uninstalling is done by pacman.

• @joekamprad ok, so he’ll need to manually install pacman and then reinstall it with force option later or install using Antergos livecd. (both solutions are too complicated for new users)

• @fernandomaroto said in Accidentally uninstalled pacman from AUR! Please help!:

@joekamprad ok, so he’ll need to manually install pacman and then reinstall it with force option later or install using Antergos livecd. (both solutions are too complicated for new users)

yes, but it is the main needed program on an archbased system ;)

And it is only one command in the end…

Mounting can be done with nautilus inside Live-ISO-Session, you need to check what is your root (/) partition and what is this “device” alle sdXn …

If @abhishek31 put this command in a terminal:

lsblk -f | curl -F [email protected] https://ptpb.pw/?u=1

from live-iso and post the link/url it gives you here then we can give you the exact advice for the command to install pacman back!

If anything is unclear ask us (also the newbiest question ;) ) we will help you !!!

pacman111 aur54 uninstalled1 accidentally1 Posts 12Views 867
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.