• VirtualBox Guest Additions + Vagrant cannot mount with vboxfs

My problem now is that I installed everything for VirtualBox using this article:
    https://antergos.com/wiki/system-admin/virtualization/how-to-install-virtualbox
    And also installed virtualbox-guest-utils

But soon as I try to make a Vagrant box working turns out that the vboxfs is not exists on my system, therefore it cannot mount the working directory into the created VM. I might be not right, but after I installed the utils I should have a module called vboxutils if I run lsmod | grep -i vbox but I don’t have it.

Trying use modprobe always end up with a FATAL error that the desiger module is not found in my modules folder. Did anybody encountered issue with a VirtualBox shared folder mount? If so, how did you make it work?

Using Ubuntu since 2008, Using Arch/Antergos since 2017
    Full-Stack PHP/Polymer Application Developer

• @adaliszk
    Hi!
    In the Antergos host I have installed:

virtualbox
    virtualbox-host-dkms
    virtualbox-ext-oracle
    virtualbox-guest-iso (needed e.g. for Windows guests)
    linux-headers (if kernel package linux is installed)
    linux-lts-headers (if kernel package linux-lts is installed)

In the Antergos guest I have installed:

virtualbox-guest-dkms
    virtualbox-guest-utils

and my VMs work OK.
    Unfortunately I haven’t used Vagrant, so cannot really help you with that.

And you probably mean vboxsf and not vboxfs? I have shared folders in use without problems. In my host, user id belongs in the vboxusers group. In my guest, user id belongs to the vboxsf group.

Please report issues including all details! ;-)
    Show files here: cat "file" | curl -F [email protected] https://ptpb.pw/?u=1
    and show the URL.

virtualbox32 guest4 vagrant2 additions1 Posts 2Views 183
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.