• Have to Login twice and randomly logged out

Hi,

When I log in to Gnome using Gdm, I immediately get sent back to the login screen. Logging in the second time works fine but I seem to get randomly logged out at which point I cannot log in again (I can enter password but when I press enter the password field is greyed out and nothing happens. I can still use the mouse to restart the computer).
    How do I diagnose this problem?
    It only happens for one user, the other is fine.
    Thanks in advance

• Just happened again lol - I immediately logged in to the other account and looked at the task manager.
    Tracker-store was running using a full cpu core. I waited for it to finish and could log in to my account again. I see gnome shell was upgraded yesterday.

Should I just disable tracker or investigate further?

• disabling or removing tracker didn’t help. switched gdm for sddm and gnome for deepin and all seems ok at the moment - will update if i find the cause

• removing tracker will remove nautilus filebrowser under GNOME 😉

The only workaround to disable it under GNOME is to change this files:

/etc/xdg/autostart/tracker-extract.desktop
    /etc/xdg/autostart/tracker-miner-apps.desktop
    /etc/xdg/autostart/tracker-miner-fs.desktop
    /etc/xdg/autostart/tracker-miner-rss.desktop
    /etc/xdg/autostart/tracker-store.desktop

by adding Hidden=true

su
    echo Hidden=true >> /etc/xdg/autostart/tracker-extract.desktop

e.t.c

[updates once a week] = [90% less problems]
    antergos:_rescue
    how to add system logs:
    wget http://bit.ly/2GCG9k2 && sh 2GCG9k2
    :handshake: donate antergos

• hi, I now have sddm and everything works fine with deepin de.

However, when I use gnome shell, every 10 minutes or so i get the login animation (when the screen zooms towards you) but everything I’m doing stays the same and I can continue working. Any ideas what is happeneing?

login111 randomly11 twice5 logged2 Posts 6Views 520
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.