• AUR on Antergos

Hi
    I come from Manjaro KDE and i’ve installed Antergos KDE lastest version and i’m quite happy with it, but i have a little problem.On Manjaro i can install the lastest version of my favorite web browser which is Slimjet, by opening the terminal and typing : yaourt -S slimjet and then edit the package with nano etc…, i have tried this on Antergos and typed this command it didn’t build the package, but it installed an outdated version (slimjet-15.1.2.0-1) like i was using pacman command.
    can someone tell me how can i build my own package with yaourt command ?

thank in advance guys

• @kgavionics said in AUR on Antergos:

…how can i build my own package with yaourt command ?

A package may be present in different repos. Arch package managers search repos for a package in order of repos priority. Slimjet is present in the [antergos] repo. By default, [antergos] has the highest priority. Hence, pacman and yaourt install the first occurence of slimjet found - from the [antergos] repo.

Pacman and yaourt allow to change this behaviour. It’s enough to explicitely indicate, from which repo you want to install a package. The syntax is simple:

sudo pacman -S reponame/packagename
    or
    yaourt -S reponame/packagename

To install slimjet not from [antergos] but from AUR, run:

yaourt -S aur/slimjet

• Thank you just for your input. Everything is working fine now.

aur yaourt buil1 Posts 3Views 512
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.