• Smartphone advice wanted

@manuel
    Talking about that xiaomi redmi note 4x.
    It’s only half my budget of 350 € ( which I am loooking forward to spend completely on a phone) , and tests show that the cameras are only lower average and that it sometimes chokes and lags when you run graphics intense apps on it, so I won’t have a further look into it and that is not what I want
    Talking again about buying in china. I am not very keen on making the bad experiences my friends made myself. I want the phone as mentioned by someone else quite soon and not in two months. I also like to support local stores, cause supporting them means supporting local jobs here where I live.
    J.

• @jeannie____ said in Smartphone advice wanted:

Talking about that xiaomi redmi note 4x.

Please check who mentioned that phone. ;)

But as @casquinhas I have also bought several things from china, and for me they have always been successful.

• i just ordered a MI Max 2 straight from China with no issues. took a couple weeks but everything went smooth. my first time ordering out of country.

• @megaman
    Now imagine, you’d have to send it back for repairs, How long will it take until you have it back? Months?
    J.

@megaman
    Now imagine, you’d have to send it back for repairs, How long will it take until you have it back? Months?
    J.

You know you can repair everything close to you, right? Unless you break it, it’s going to last at least two years of warranty, so after that you’re on your own.

You buy a phone on X store. After 6 months, phone stops works, you go to X store. X store no longer exists. Now what?

So you either buy your stuff from a huge big mega store that probably will be here in two years or so, or face the same problem as buying from China or Germany.

Try it out. Find a good seller, ask your friends for help and buy it from China if the price is right.

In Portugal, some stores like Fnac and Worten, sometimes have huge discounts and that’s the time to buy this stuff. You have Nokia 8 for 599 euros that has been sold for 400.

Nokia 6 was 279 euros and I’ve seen it at 189 euros.

Good luck.

• Warranty, indeed. A dealer here in germany will not give me any warranty on a device I bought in china. So I’ll be f*cked if a china bought device fails during the warranty time and needs to be repaired. EIther I have to wait for months to have it repaired in china or I have to pay for the repair here in germany. I’ll have to pay the shiping costs to china too. So IMHO saving some money on buying a device in china is not really cheaper.
    J.

• So, buying in Germany, it’s decided. And what smartphone are you buying?

I can advise you on several models, like Nokia 2, Nokia 3, Nokia 5, Nokia 6, Nokia 8.

• Nokia has no phone that matches my budget.
    J.

Nokia has no phone that matches my budget.
    J.

Nokia has phones from 50 to 600 euros. Is it less than 50?

• No, it is fixed at 350€, and I for some reasons I plan on spending the whole amount one a phone. Nokia only has devices for much less or much more money.
    J.

@megaman
    J.

if something was wrong with it they would probably just send a new one.

you are talking to someone who has never bought a warranty in his life ;) no way i would buy a warranty on a phone. they all come with standard warrantys.

but buy close to you if you feel better about it. smart phones are so cheap these days it doesnt really matter.

i have a feeling this is gonna turn in to another which DE 90 page thread :)

• Why don’t you search here ? It has very detailed search parameters. On the China -No China debate I can only share my personal experience. Here in Greece, it is very common to buy electronics directly from China, or from local dealers who bring them and charge a bit more - still lower than the official resellers - and noone I know has had severe problems with tracking / packaging etc - bare in mind noone has ever had a broken / malfunctioning device.
    I own a Xiaomi Redmi Note 4, which was a breeze to unlock / install a custom ROM, where most importantly everything worked out of the box.

• @tasoskane
    Can’t even search fur dual sim there. Quite useless for me.
    J.

@tasoskane
    Can’t even search fur dual sim there. Quite useless for me.
    J.

That cannot be right. I am seeing the option under SIM (third option), it says Multiple and has a dropdown menu.

0_1518079926933_GSM Arena SIM.png

Personally I have found it to be the most comprehensive phone finder. Hopefully you will find it useful.

wanted6 advice3 smartphone3 Posts 54Views 2568
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.