• \[SOLVED\] Pacman-mirrors missing?

Hiyas,

I’ve installed Antergos some weeks back and have a problem with pacman-mirrors. I can’t seem to find it. When I issue pacman-mirrors -g I get the error pacman-mirrors: command not found. I tried searching packages and aur.archlinux.org but there does not seem to be any pacman-mirrors.

Does anyone know where this file is or what package/aur has it?

Thanks.

• Hiyas,

I’ve installed Antergos some weeks back and have a problem with pacman-mirrors. I can’t seem to find it. When I issue pacman-mirrors -g I get the error pacman-mirrors: command not found. I tried searching packages and aur.archlinux.org but there does not seem to be any pacman-mirrors.

Does anyone know where this file is or what package/aur has it?

Thanks.

• Hi,

There is no such thing as a pacman-mirrors command. What is it that your are trying to accomplish? If you install reflector you can then use the following command to update your mirrorlist with the latest and fastest mirrors based on your location and network speed.

sudo reflector -l 30 -f 10 --save /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist

Hope it helps

Cheers!

• Thanks for your reply. I already have reflector installed.

The "pacman-mirrors+ command is being called from “allservers”. For example, after running “yaourt allservers” and then executing “sudo allservers” the allservers command reports an error that “/usr/bin/allservers: line 149: pacman-mirrors: command not found”. The command it is trying to execute is “pacman-mirrors -g”. Hence, my original question about where is pacman-mirrors or how can I execute “pacman-mirrors -g”. I have executed the reflector command you’ve listed. Hopefully that will help until being able to find how to execute pacman-mirrors.

• pacman-mirrors must be a custom script provided by Manjaro. The command I provided performs the same function as what is described on the allservers wiki page. You could make it an alias by running this:

alias refresh-mirrors="sudo reflector -l 30 -f 10 --save /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist"

Afterwards you can just run the command using the alias to refresh your mirrors:[code:2mvjurob]refresh-mirrors[/code:2mvjurob]

Cheers!

• OK, thanks! I just thought that since “allservers” is in the regular AUR packages that it applied to all ARCH derivatives. I’ve closed the topic. Thanks for your help.

• You’re welcome

Posts 7Views 3577