• Trouble installing in Virtualbox

Hi,

I’m having a peculiar issue when attempting to install from the live cd iso. I’m using Virtualbox 4.3.10 and when using the automatic drive setup it fails with “Error creating partitions and their filesystems”. Using the manual hard drive setup it hangs/freezes at 0% at install. I’ve tried using Gparted and created the partitions using ext4 as root and a swap partition. When using the installer there is no option to use the current setup. I’ve attached screenshots of the fail notices and hard drive setup.

Is there an easy way to do a CLI install?

• Hi,

I’m having a peculiar issue when attempting to install from the live cd iso. I’m using Virtualbox 4.3.10 and when using the automatic drive setup it fails with “Error creating partitions and their filesystems”. Using the manual hard drive setup it hangs/freezes at 0% at install. I’ve tried using Gparted and created the partitions using ext4 as root and a swap partition. When using the installer there is no option to use the current setup. I’ve attached screenshots of the fail notices and hard drive setup.

Is there an easy way to do a CLI install?

• Hi,

This is a bug caused by the latest kernel update. It has been fixed in our development branch and will be on the ISO soon. You can update cnchi easily by following the steps provided here: [http://forum.antergos.com/viewtopic.php?t=1846&p=8419#p8370][0]">viewtopic.php?t=1846&p=8419#p8370

Best Regards,
    Dustin

[0]: <a href=

• Thanks - I’ll give it a shot again on Monday. I tried the link you said but it seemed to take longer than 5 minutes so I killed it. I might add (sorry I forgot in the original post) that I’m on a corporate network with a bridged ethernet connection and there’s a proxy; will this affect the update? If so have any tips I can use to enter the uname & pwd to get through the proxy?

• Just an update: tried the 64 bit version at home with the NAT and used the cnchi-dev. It finished the install and I got the same error. Automatic hard drive partitioning fails and quits. Any idea when the production version will change?

• We’ve verified from several users that the bug is fixed. SOmething must have went wrong with the update script. Give it another try, I will try to have the new images built this weekend.

Cheers!

• Still no joy - I’m thinking the bridged connection won’t get through the proxy. I’ll try again at home, though, with NAT.

Thanks

Posts 7Views 1575