• antergos :rescue the antergos swiss-knive live-iso

@joekamprad
    Those two versions of build.sh have changed a lot, it is rather difficult to compare them.
    There are additions and removals of lines, renaming of items, some things moved to another places etc.
    But I try just to replace build.sh and see what happens…
    Didn’t work. :(

• @manuel said in antergos :rescue the antergos swiss-knive live-iso:

Those two versions of build.sh have changed a lot, it is rather difficult to compare them

that’s natural… My buid.sh for portergos is also different from the original archiso.

@joekamprad maybe i’ts easier to start building archiso and then adapt untill look like antergos-iso.
    Do you want stuff like plymouth, lightdm for example? they’re totally unecessary.

• At least 1 backup tool might be useful like GNOME’s deja-dup or similar.

I’ve found a Ubuntu’s boot repair tool too, check for more ideas:
    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Boot-Repair

• @fernandomaroto plymouth is eliminated already… but lightdm seems to be used for creating the Live-Desktop in a way… so yes i think it would be better to use clean ArchIso as we also do not need to show Antergos Desktop, we need to rescue it ;)

• @joekamprad
    the liveiso can boot directly into the desktop, , so lightdm wouldn’t be needed at att, it’s only something else to load with systemd and increase the chance of something going wrong.

When i have time i’ll try to build an iso here with gnome using the portergos build, may be usefull…

• @fernandomaroto said in antergos :rescue the antergos swiss-knive live-iso:

the liveiso can boot directly into the desktop, , so lightdm wouldn’t be needed at att, it’s only something else to load with systemd and increase the chance of something going wrong.

true ;)

i just try to build with archiso…

• @fernandomaroto setting up GNOME with all this gsettings stuff and extensions is way to much for a rescue-live-cd… as it will be very hard to create custom menu e.t.c. better to go here with openbox or xfce…

• @joekamprad My vote for Xfce! :)

• @joekamprad said in antergos :rescue the antergos swiss-knive live-iso:

better to go here with openbox or xfce

ok, i agree with @manuel then, xfce4!

• yes xfce is got my vote too!

Needs some configuration, but has a common structure to understand and use it…

• I like Xfce too, it has a good balance between lightness and features, also I tried it with Debian and it was using what… 290 MiB? Something like that. I installed LXDE and LXQt yesterday along with Cinnamon, LXQt is unfinished and I do not recommend yet, and it was using 50 MiB RAM more than LXDE, LXDE 400 MiB, LXQt 450 MiB, but as I installed Cinnamon(which is using 750/800 on average) first probably it was loading unecessary and heavier packages, a clean install with LXDE will be even lighter. But Xfce is also a very good option.

LXDE is very usable at this point, it even has a GUI Configuration for systemd, I didn’t mess with it but some people might find it useful maybe? Someday I will change a few things there and break everything. :)

• @joekamprad

I made a quick list of packages using some of portergos base

https://pastebin.com/qHszwx1S

• @fernandomaroto gvfs packages will be needed too

gvfs-google
    gvfs-mtp
    gvfs-nfs
    gvfs-smb
    gvfs-gphoto2

Needs to be figured out if they are usefull tohether with thunar…

Also may to much to install a full xfce with the packagegroups ?

https://www.archlinux.org/groups/x86_64/xfce4-goodies/

https://www.archlinux.org/groups/x86_64/xfce4/

Antergos have this:

'evince' 'file-roller' 'gamin' 'gnome-calculator' 'gnome-disk-utility'
        'gnome-keyring' 'gtk-engine-murrine' 'gvfs-google' 'gvfs-mtp' 'mousepad'
        'network-manager-applet' 'networkmanager-openvpn' 'networkmanager-pptp'
        'pamac' 'parole' 'python-pysmbc' 'polkit-gnome' 'pragha' 'qt5ct' 'ristretto'
        'thunar' 'thunar-archive-plugin' 'thunar-volman' 'transmission-gtk' 'tumbler'
        'xdg-user-dirs-gtk' 'exo' 'garcon' 'gtk-xfce-engine' 'xfce4-appfinder'
        'xfce4-panel' 'xfce4-power-manager' 'xfce4-session' 'xfce4-settings'
        'xfce4-terminal' 'xfconf' 'xfdesktop' 'xfwm4' 'xfwm4-themes' 'xfburn'
        'xfce4-battery-plugin' 'xfce4-datetime-plugin' 'xfce4-notifyd'
    'xfce4-pulseaudio-plugin' 'xfce4-screenshooter' 'xfce4-taskmanager'

• @joekamprad said in antergos :rescue the antergos swiss-knive live-iso:

Also may to much to install a full xfce with the packagegroups ?

Maybe, do you want to remove xfce4-goodies or even just some packages? i’m not sure if it uses that much space also.
    You also need to pick a browser.

I’ts also possible to install openbox, xfdesktop and xfce4-panel (and some other tools) and load then inside openbox, but that’s too much tweaking for now.

I guess you could build an iso with xfce4 and one with xfce4 and xfce4-goodies to compare.

• @fernandomaroto i would be comfortable with midori

• archiso is more easy to setup ;) …

• Just came across this thread, and thank you so much😀. I was never able to finish this project, and it always kind of bothered me. It’s great to see that it will now be finished.

So thank you everyone.

• @fernandomaroto can you give me a hint on how the liveuser is added on archiso plane?

Posts 341Views 20364
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.