@joekamprad said in antergos :rescue the antergos swiss-knive live-iso:

@fernandomaroto said in antergos :rescue the antergos swiss-knive live-iso:

clonezilla

it is indeed in community

[[email protected] ~]$ yaourt clonezilla
    1 community/clonezilla 3.27.16-1 [installed]
        ncurses partition and disk imaging/cloning program

Since when? lol
    That’s cool, now i can add it to my iso too!

@casquinhas said

Holly molly happy bunny!!! Do I see “Moderator” under manuel???

Yes! He deserved it :)

• Great! Already downloading it! ;)

• @fernandomaroto
    In Arch the latest version of clonezilla seems to have been added at 2017-10-16. ;)

• antergos-rescue-6-5-2018-x86_64.iso

changelog:

• fixed keybindings
    • removed online wiki from autostart
    • added yaygg Launcher first release with nice buttons to get into happy rescue
    • Offline Wiki still in progress but aviable from Launcher and Menu
    • midori is still used as browser (is it a go or a no go?) I like it as it is slick, and i configure to run with ad-block
  • @joekamprad
    Never before used Midori. Just tried it and seems to work OK, but couldn’t block ads although set adblocker on.

• @joekamprad said in antergos :rescue the antergos swiss-knive live-iso:

antergos-rescue-6-5-2018-x86_64.iso

changelog:

• fixed keybindings
    • removed online wiki from autostart
    • added yaygg Launcher first release with nice buttons to get into happy rescue
    • Offline Wiki still in progress but aviable from Launcher and Menu
    • midori is still used as browser (is it a go or a no go?) I like it as it is slick, and i configure to run with ad-block

Great. I will test it later too. But any browser that has a trusted way to block script, like ScriptSafe and uMatrix, is a no go.

Anyone browsing the web needs at least:

• ScriptSafe or NoScript for older Firefox versions; latest version of NoScript starts with allowed domains so it a no go, no f***ing way I need a plugin that allows Google and Facebook. That’s sick.
    • uMatrix, for full control over scripts, css, media, cookies, XHR, and others
    • uBlock Origin or any adblocker that works; uBlockOrigin has hosts files and lists from trusted sites and that is a fantastic must I cannot forget
    • Privacy Badger or Ghostery or like I many times do, more than on of each
    • Cookie AutoDelete so you won’t forget to leave cookies that are dangerous to live after you close the site

This is the minimum that everybody should use. So the browser must allow it. Chrome and Chromium allow plugins that do the same.

New ISO on the run, with special thanks to yaygg at autostart :

http://antergos.kamprad.net/antergos-rescue/release/antergos-rescue-6-5-2018-x86_64.iso
    http://antergos.kamprad.net/antergos-rescue/release/antergos-rescue-6-5-2018-x86_64.sha512

the 10th release 0_1525632938531_Bildschirmfoto_2018-05-06_20-55-19.png

It’s your baby. It useful and it’s something you do with passion. I’ve done a few recovery’s with ::rescue because I knew it already had some tools I was going to use.

Latest recovery I did, did not went very well. Not your fault, but the SSD was brain dead. 100%. It was a 2 year old 30GB SSD from KingStar. The third that died within 2 years apart from each other. Companies sell crap so it goes blank soon as possible to sell another one.

• @casquinhas said in antergos :rescue the antergos swiss-knive live-iso:

Companies sell crap so it goes blank soon as possible to sell another one.

That’s a sad truth!

Thanks for the detailed view on browser !
    I will rethink here :)

• I really don’t want to talk much about other stuff but I want to mention that all plugins that I posted before, allow you to whitelist/blacklist sh*t and disable the plugins for sites you choose.
    So it’s always a manual choice that you make and allow sites you love. Allow all, allow only something or just don’t allow anything.

• @casquinhas i use uBlock for long now and extra ADB as i do not find any other the ADB working nicely

• @joekamprad
    It just briefly tested the new rescue ISO and it is really great!
    I’ll test it more when I have more time.
    Cheers!

• @manuel thank for taking the time to test!
    I can reproduce that it is running very stable and slick!

There are some little things i am not happy, but i will remove them with very little steps…

One thing i do not find out was to let the Launcher start in the middle of the screen… may this is possible to configure inside the script ?

@manuel thank for taking the time to test!
    I can reproduce that it is running very stable and slick!

There are some little things i am not happy, but i will remove them with very little steps…

One thing i do not find out was to let the Launcher start in the middle of the screen… may this is possible to configure inside the script ?

Just checked my Guake Terminal (I cannot express on words how this is f***ing awesome) and it’s almost done writing on the USB work horse. This pen has been used with at least a new distro a day, but many times, five, ten.
    I test ::rescue. Then I put Solus and install it. Then I root the shit out of the distro and try to recover. Then I put Ubuntu and repeat. Then I put another I’ve seen on the web and also record the pen. Then I put :rescue to rescue stuff or simply test. There are days like this. It goes on Arch distros based but Zorin, MakuluLinux, anything I see videos of, it goes to the pen. Then on the other day, when I leave home, I check and put ::rescue back on the pen, in case I need it.
    This poor Toshiba. I just keep Antergos on my main desktop and ::rescue on the pen. Other than that, fun.
    Hum, I haven’t done my daily rm -f as root… on the /. Have you done yours?

• @joekamprad sadly I inform you that wifi still does not work. Sad. Tired. One day. We will fix this. Sleepy.

• To help here it would be good if you can provide journal from boot + exactly how you try to connect 🐾

• @joekamprad
    I’m going to try booting from it in grub later today (hopefully). :)

• I do not maintain this anymore.
    Take SYSTEMRESCUECD

Posts 341Views 20382
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.