• antergos :rescue the antergos swiss-knive live-iso

i would like to create a welcome panel… @manuel where i could start to create one with your tool?

• @joekamprad
    Do you mean the yaygg tool?

• yes that one ;) i do not have it installed jet, and never try it out… includes a man file ?

• Not a man page, but in the end of the yaygg file there are

• Small instructions (the syntax is described in a simple way).
    • An example of the input file to yaygg.

And help prints out with command

yaygg --help

Note that you may use the yaygg file itself as an example input file!

Easiest thing to do is copy the example to another file (e.g. welcome-panel.yaygg; there is no format in the name), modify it to your purposes, and run a command:

yaygg welcome-panel.yaygg > welcome-panel.bash

If you wish to use options, then for example:

yaygg --out=welcome-panel.bash --icons=1 welcome-panel.yaygg

Note that icon generation is very slow, so if you run yaygg many times, it may be better to run testing with --icons=0.

• @manuel o.k. with this i can start :) THANKS!!

• @manuel where i find example?

• i find, as you say already before …

0_1525606912846_Bildschirmfoto_2018-05-06_13-41-19.png

• @joekamprad
    Nice looking work @joekamprad !

But could you rephrease your question since I unfortunately didn’t quite follow? Or did you already find it?

• not my question was only about the sample file… but as it is inside the executable i do not find it as autonom file ;)

But here mousover the button shows executable as it will be execute on pressing, and not a hint text…

• @joekamprad
    Yes, mouseover shows the exact command to be executed. If a hint text is needed, then it needs to be added in the input file, and currently yaygg does not support it.

Currently the button label on the right side in the input file should be as descriptive as possible.

So do you think there should be a hint text, too?

• i can do hint-mousover:

--field='TestDisk free data recovery software!'"/usr/share/icons/rescue/terminal.svg"'!'"TestDisk is powerful free data recovery software! It was primarily designed to help recover lost partitions and/or make non-booting disks bootable again when these symptoms are caused by faulty software":fbtn    'exo-open --launch TerminalEmulator sudo testdisk' \

• @joekamprad
    Yes, you can do that to the generated file after yaygg has generated it.
    But if you’d like to put that hint text to the input file, yaygg does not currently support it.

But I guess it is about as easy to add the hint text to the generated file, and make all modifications to that generated file after generating it only once.

• Great to see that yaygg is actually used for creating something truly useful. Hopefully it helps you making your great Antergos Rescue ISO even better! :)

• @joekamprad

Now that’s awesome! 👏 👏

• @joekamprad Wow it’s beatiful! I liked the icons so much too.

Hey joe how did you install clonezilla inside rescue iso? I always wanted to add it to Portergos but couldn’t find a way, i only found bootable clonezilla isos.

• @fernandomaroto
    Isn’t that in official packges? :)

• @fernandomaroto said in antergos :rescue the antergos swiss-knive live-iso:

clonezilla

it is indeed in community

[[email protected] ~]$ yaourt clonezilla
    1 community/clonezilla 3.27.16-1 [installed]
        ncurses partition and disk imaging/cloning program

• @manuel said in antergos :rescue the antergos swiss-knive live-iso:

@joekamprad

Now that’s awesome! 👏 👏

Holly molly happy bunny!!! Do I see “Moderator” under manuel???

Posts 341Views 20319
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.