• antergos :rescue the antergos swiss-knive live-iso

@joekamprad said in antergos :rescue the antergos swiss-knive live-iso:

@casquinhas said in antergos :rescue the antergos swiss-knive live-iso:

Qualcomm Atheros AR928X

should be aviable with the kernel… may you do not get where to choose inside Live? does it work inside Antergos ISO?

Just downloaded your last ISO and boot up. Wifi does not work. I can use a cable but if I don’t have a ethernet cable near me? Maybe I can do something to make it work, knowing that wifi does not work, so I cannot download anything from the internet. I can only use the DVD.

• Other distros make wifi work out of the box, with the live boot. Solus for example detects the wifi as:

03:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Broadcom Limited BCM4313 802.11bgn Wireless Network Adapter [14e4:4727] (rev 01)
    Subsystem: Askey Computer Corp BCM4313 802.11bgn Wireless Network Adapter [144f:7175]
    Kernel driver in use: bcma-pci-bridge

• also this one should work as it is included: broadcom-wl-dkms is installed on the rescue…
    but i can recheck this…

• i am adding wicd-gtk to the next ISO…

May it is more easy to get WIFI connected…

Wifi is indeed working and i can use it with different dongles, but i do not have a atheros or broadcom aviable…

https://youtu.be/DYJrHnG9Ny0

• @joekamprad said in antergos :rescue the antergos swiss-knive live-iso:

i am adding wicd-gtk to the next ISO…

May it is more easy to get WIFI connected…

Wifi is indeed working and i can use it with different dongles, but i do not have a atheros or broadcom aviable…

https://youtu.be/DYJrHnG9Ny0

I can send you a Broadcom by email if you want. But that at the moment is not important. What I want to know is if you manage to eat the smoked chicken?

An another thing, how can you use the operating system in German? I find it way too hard for me to use anything in Portuguese. Even my smartphone is in English because I sometimes (many times) cannot understand what it means in Portuguese. So in Antergos or any other, I can’t do it. I also have the keyboard in EN. Go figure!

• @casquinhas said in antergos :rescue the antergos swiss-knive live-iso:

What I want to know is if you manage to eat the smoked chicken

I was selling it here: alt text at famous Tempelhof Airport

German’s are very accurate on getting anything translated KORREKT!

• Wow, also it was new to me, that German chicken do smoke. 😜

But anyway, Portuguese language has a few problems: first of all, people often confuse Portugal with Brasil, so we get loads of Brasilian terms/slang/exclusive words they use and we don’t. And they also have different meanings.
    Second, almost every translated material I’ve seen is like 85 to 90 percent ok. So it has many errors and wrong translated words.
    I just stopped using it and all my software is in English. Better to understand but also better to search if I have some problems.

• @manuel said in antergos :rescue the antergos swiss-knive live-iso:

Something quite similar can be done by saving the downloaded Antergos ISO file to a directory, e.g. /ISO, and writing the following contents to file /boot/grub/custom.cfg:

menuentry 'Boot from file antergos-18.4-x86_64.iso' {
        set isofile=/ISO/antergos-18.4-x86_64.iso
        search --no-floppy --set=root --file $isofile
        probe -u $root --set=uuid
        set img_dev=/dev/disk/by-uuid/$uuid
        loopback loop $isofile
        linux (loop)/arch/boot/vmlinuz img_dev=$img_dev img_loop=$isofile
        initrd (loop)/arch/boot/archiso.img
    }

Now when you reboot, you’ll have a new entry and may select it to boot to the ISO installer.

Ah that’s really cool, didn’t know you could use isos directly (thought you needed to recompress to squashfs or similar first). I should definitely give this a try. Would be cool with some installer script that added the grub option and installed all the files in the correct place though, as I’m lazy ;). But will try to get around to it soon.

• One Release Per Day:

http://antergos.kamprad.net/antergos-rescue/release/

Changelog:

• using midori instead of Chromium for now
    • adding firmware for some BT devices
    • adding WifiRadar to add more options for connecting with wifi
    • PDF based wiki included for testing

One Release Per Day:

http://antergos.kamprad.net/antergos-rescue/release/

Changelog:

• using midori instead of Chromium for now
    • adding firmware for some BT devices
    • adding WifiRadar to add more options for connecting with wifi
    • PDF based wiki included for testing

That’s not a rolling release, that’s a torrent release!

Well, wifi still does not work.

Could not connect to wicd’s D-Bus interface.

• @casquinhas wicd needs a disabled network-manager :(
    so i put wifiradar… but also i do not get how to put WPA key here …

• @stingray454 There is a script that generates the ISO boot menu entry, too. Just copy the ISO file somewhere and give that path to the script in an option.
    More info here:
    https://forum.antergos.com/topic/9188/create-boot-grub-custom-cfg-grub-assistant/33

• @joekamprad Maybe this antergos-customcfg script could be used for generating a boot menu entry for your rescue iso?

• @manuel If it will work with ANtergos Iso it will do so with the rescue ISO also.

antergos-customcfg

is already included inside ISO ;)

But have a installer to write it into system… i am not sure here if it is realy nessesarry, as it can cause problems itself… but it will be handy for notebooks and in futere may be a way to include a rescue system by default?

Is there a distro have something like this?

Didn’t @stingray454 mention about Deepin?

If it will work with ANtergos Iso it will do so with the rescue ISO also.

I tried to make ISO to boot, and Antergos ISO booted OK, but the rescue ISO did not… I have to check if I did some errors there but cannot do it now since I’m far away from the main machine…

@joekamprad said in antergos :rescue the antergos swiss-knive live-iso:

Didn’t @stingray454 mention about Deepin?

Yes I installed Deepin before (ie the full distro, not just DE) and it automatically created a grub option to boot into a recovery iso from the hard drive, much like the one you’re creating now. Super useful for when you bork the system :).

In that case they used separate kernel files and a squashfs file with a barebone system + some recovery tools. Would love to see this tool make it as an (optional) installer item.

• If install from Antergos ISO has been successful, then, on that same machine, Antergos ISO should be quite useful if the installed system starts to have serious problems.

So it may be a great idea to leave that ISO file on the disk, and make it a boot menu entry, for example like in
    https://forum.antergos.com/topic/8937/antergos-rescue-the-antergos-swiss-knive-live-iso/289

Posts 341Views 20327
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.