• Notifications appear in the wrong place and KDE crashes suddenly

Hi,

I’ve got the problem that the notifications appear on the wrong place: Instead of on the lower right corner, they appear now on the upper right corner. I tried to change it in the menu, already, but it didn’t work.

And, I don’t know if there’s a link between this: Sometimes KDE crashes when I search something in the menu, not everytime, but often.

I tried to rename the kde folders like local, kde4, config, but nothing has helped.

I am using KDE Plasma 5.11.5

When I restart the shell in the terminal, I get these errors:

[[email protected] ~]$ kquitapp5 plasmashell && kstart plasmashell
    kstart(18034) main: Omitting both --window and --windowclass arguments is not recommended 
    [[email protected] ~]$ Icon theme "ubuntu-mono-dark" not found.
    Icon theme "gnome" not found.
    kpluginindex: Not cached "/home/ruper/.local/share/plasma/plasmoids/"
    kpluginindex: Not cached "/usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/"
    kpluginindex: Not cached "/usr/local/share/plasma/plasmoids/"
    kpluginindex: Not cached "/home/ruper/.local/share/plasma/layout-templates/"
    kpluginindex: Not cached "/usr/share/plasma/layout-templates/"
    kpluginindex: Not cached "/usr/local/share/plasma/layout-templates/"
    kf5.kservice.sycoca: Parse error in  "/home/ruper/.config/menus/applications-merged/xdg-desktop-menu-dummy.menu" , line  1 , col  1 :  "unexpected end of file"
    The desktop entry file "/usr/share/applications/SHIELD.desktop" has Type= "Application" but no Exec line
    kf5.kservice.sycoca: Invalid Service :  "/usr/share/applications/SHIELD.desktop"
    No metadata file in the package, expected it at: "/usr/share/wallpapers/DarkestHour/contents/images/"
    No metadata file in the package, expected it at: "/usr/share/wallpapers/DarkestHour/contents/images/"
    trying to show an empty dialog
    kpluginindex: Not cached "/home/ruper/.local/share/plasma/layout-templates/"
    kpluginindex: Not cached "/usr/share/plasma/layout-templates/"
    kpluginindex: Not cached "/usr/local/share/plasma/layout-templates/"
    file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.desktopcontainment/contents/ui/FolderItemDelegate.qml:288:17: QML Text: Binding loop detected for property "width"
    file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.desktopcontainment/contents/ui/FolderItemDelegate.qml:288:17: QML Text: Binding loop detected for property "width"
    Connecting to deprecated signal QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QString,QString,QString)
    file:///usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/Controls/ScrollView.qml:362: TypeError: Cannot read property 'padding' of null
    file:///usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/Controls/ScrollView.qml:363: TypeError: Cannot read property 'padding' of null
    file:///usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/Controls/ScrollView.qml:364: TypeError: Cannot read property 'padding' of null
    file:///usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/Controls/ScrollView.qml:365: TypeError: Cannot read property 'padding' of null
    file:///usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/Controls/ScrollView.qml:362: TypeError: Cannot read property 'padding' of null
    file:///usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/Controls/ScrollView.qml:363: TypeError: Cannot read property 'padding' of null
    file:///usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/Controls/ScrollView.qml:364: TypeError: Cannot read property 'padding' of null
    file:///usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/Controls/ScrollView.qml:365: TypeError: Cannot read property 'padding' of null
    Trying to use rootObject before initialization is completed, whilst using setInitializationDelayed. Forcing completion
    file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.digitalclock/contents/ui/main.qml:78:27: Unable to assign [undefined] to QStringList
    file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.digitalclock/contents/ui/main.qml:37: TypeError: Cannot read property 'DateTime' of undefined
    Both point size and pixel size set. Using pixel size.
    Failed to find service for Unity Launcher "application://Skype.desktop"
    libkcups: Create-Printer-Subscriptions last error: 0 successful-ok
    libkcups: Get-Jobs last error: 0 successful-ok
    libkcups: Get-Jobs last error: 0 successful-ok
    error activating kdeconnectd: QDBusError("", "")
    error activating kdeconnectd: QDBusError("", "")
    Trying to use rootObject before initialization is completed, whilst using setInitializationDelayed. Forcing completion
    file:///usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/Controls/Button.qml:99: TypeError: Cannot read property 'width' of null
    [2018-01-08T23:31:32.547Z]0
    [2018-01-08T23:31:32.547Z]0
    [2018-01-08T23:31:32.668Z]Error loading text-to-speech plug-in "flite"
    [2018-01-08T23:31:32.955Z]Plasma Shell startup completed
    [2018-01-08T23:31:33.246Z]trying to show an empty dialog
    [2018-01-08T23:31:37.431Z]Empty filename passed to function
    [2018-01-08T23:31:37.431Z]Empty filename passed to function
    [2018-01-08T23:31:37.478Z]Failed to register Notifications service
    [2018-01-08T23:31:37.478Z]Terminating current Notification service with pid 1440
    [2018-01-08T23:31:37.701Z]couldn't load "/usr/lib/qt/plugins/discover-notifier/DiscoverPackageKitNotifier.so" because "Cannot load library /usr/lib/qt/plugins/discover-notifier/DiscoverPackageKitNotifier.so: (libpackagekitqt5.so.0: Kann die Shared-Object-Datei nicht öffnen: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden)"
    [2018-01-08T23:31:37.701Z]couldn't load "/usr/lib/qt/plugins/discover-notifier/FlatpakNotifier.so" because "Cannot load library /usr/lib/qt/plugins/discover-notifier/FlatpakNotifier.so: (libflatpak.so.0: Kann die Shared-Object-Datei nicht öffnen: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden)"
    [2018-01-08T23:31:37.701Z]couldn't find any notifier backend ("/usr/lib/qt/plugins")
    [2018-01-08T23:31:38.050Z]Both point size and pixel size set. Using pixel size.
    [2018-01-08T23:31:40.482Z]warning: failed to connect to ActionInvoked dbus signal
    [2018-01-08T23:31:40.485Z]warning: failed to connect to NotificationClosed dbus signal

• Regarding the “type searchword and Plasma crashes” issue:
    Same here on two Antergos setups (and even on standard Arch):

• one i7 Skylake/16GB Ram notebook with Antergos setup from end of 2016
    • one Threadripper/32 GB workstation with Antergos setup from 2017/10

Typing in a searchword very fast (like “thunderbird” in 1.5seconds) within the standard plasma start menue makes the whole plasma shell either restart or crash completely. Same in krunner. If krunner is already crashed and then the searchword is typed fast enouth within the standard k menue and plasma5 crashes afterwards there is no chance to do anything with the remaining black screen and the mousepointer. CTRL ALT BACKSPACE and good bye.

Problem is there at least for 1 month.

However. I’ve tested in at standard Arch (older setup from 2014/01 but latest update level) --> same also there!

• While the problem with the notifcations seems to be fixed, the crashing menu is still an issue.

Unfortunately, I can’t see anything strange in the logs.

Posts 3Views 328
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.