• VMware copy/paste doesn't work

Hi,

I’m trying Antergos (ISO minimal - fresh install) as a VMware virtual machine.

I’ve installed open-vm-tools and resize works properly, but copy/paste between host and guest always fails (I’ve got the black screen message “preparing to copy files on virtual machine” and then i return on the guest with nothing copied).

I’ve tried it with 2 hosts : Windows 7 and Ubuntu.

Am I missing something to do ?

• Go into VM / Settings / Options / Guest Isolation

• UNCHECK both checkboxes (Enable drag and drop, Enable copy and paste) and click OK.

• Shut down the guest, and shut down VMware Workstation

• Reboot the host computer

• Run VMware Workstation but do not launch the guest yet.

• Go into VM / Settings / Options / Guest Isolation for the guest, and CHECK both checkboxes

• Power On the guest.

• Thank for your reply,
    I’m on WMware player and i don’t have these options (but I’ve already try to add these option in the .vmx file).

I’ve got a Archlinux VM which is older than the Antergos one. Open-vm-tools worked on it but when i updated it i had the same issue… So, I will search the package which cause it

• i would try virtualbox, if you want more configuration aviable, or install Antergos instead of UBUNTU on real Hardware ;)
    This is also not related to the GUEST itself as i can see from what you are telling… may take a look at vmware-player forums ?
    https://communities.vmware.com/community/vmtn/player

• Thanks, I’ll check it

vmware16 copypaste2 Posts 6Views 1165
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.