• Couldn't Install Because Couldnt Spoof Mac Address

Hello,

I have downloaded Antergos GUI Installer which is about 1.9 GB
    I have a 64 bit system running with Linux Mint KDE 18.3, Ubuntu MATE 17.10 and Windows OS.

The problem i faced when i tried to install Antergos is i could not change or spoof the mac address in network manager. everytime i spoof the mac address it reverts back to the original address.

i also connect to the Internet using a DSL/ PPPoE dialer.

Being unable to change the mac address i was unable to log in to the internet.

Antergos comes with 5 DE to choose from, i wanted to try KDE. i assume for this i need to connect to the Internet to download the nessesary files ?

Please help me out, How do i change/spoof MAC address.

• sorry to say, it did not work. as i said before network manager does not save the spoofed mac address. it shows the original no matter how many times i apply.

I’ve also found the PPPOE settings to be buggy. other linux distros has a much better network manager.

this should not happen in Antergos because i need internet access to complete the installation.

I’m going to try a command line method to change the mac address. i hope it works otherwise bye bye Antergos… i’ll have to switch to Manjaro.

• i was able to change the mac address using command line parameters. but the PPPOE/VPN setup is where i failed. after putting username and password, it does not connect. i’ve noticed i cant complete the VPN setup without putting a pptp/server name. unfortunately my ISP did not provide any so i put a random name. in other distro network managers i didnt had to put any pptp gateway server name. username and pass just worked.

cant even setup network settings properly. what kind of distro is this ?

• network-manager is not developed from Antergos it is from RedHat and is used in most Distributions:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NetworkManager

The only difference is that Antergos is a real rolling release system and we are using the latest sources…

bye bye @dailyfail then?

• yes Bye Bye Antergos.
    can’t provide a decent network-manager interface. Didn’t expect this in 2018 !

using Manjaro KDE without any hiccups.

mac5 address4 spoof1 Posts 6Views 608
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.