• TESTERS NEEDED! LightDM Web Greeter 3.0.0rc1

If anyone has time to test the next major version of our lightdm greeter, we’d sure appreciate it! The greeter now uses Chromium’s rendering engine under the hood instead of WebKit. This change should result in a much smoother experience across the board.

How To Take It For A Spin:

1. Install web-greeter-next from our staging repo.
    2. Enable web-greeter in /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf.
    3. Restart LightDM (or simply restart your system).

Let me know how it goes. Thanks! 😃

• @lots.0.logs Didn’t work for me. The service (lightdm.service) failed to start. What I did:

1. Install web-greeter-next.
    2. Modify /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf (commenting webkit2-greeter line and adding a new line with web-greeter)
    3. Restart.

Just in case after the first fail I renamed /etc/lightdm/web-greeter.yml to /etc/lightdm/web-greeter.conf but didn’t work either.

• @lots.0.logs said in TESTERS NEEDED! LightDM Web Greeter 3.0.0rc1:

C.R.E. instead of WebKit

That sounds interesting! I go to test it right now :)

• 0_1515327086901_chrome-greeter-test.jpg

Jan 07 12:45:11 empowered64 lightdm[462]: g_object_unref: assertion 'G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed
    Jan 07 12:45:11 empowered64 lightdm[510]: pam_unix(lightdm-greeter:session): session opened for user lightdm by (uid=0)
    Jan 07 12:45:51 empowered64 lightdm[510]: pam_unix(lightdm-greeter:session): session closed for user lightdm
    Jan 07 12:45:51 empowered64 lightdm[462]: g_object_unref: assertion 'G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed
    Jan 07 12:45:51 empowered64 lightdm[722]: pam_unix(lightdm:session): session opened for user killajoe by (uid=0)

works like a charm here… only this error g_object_unref: assertion 'G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed but all this g_object spam is not realy a sign for something is wrong with your programming ;)

@lots-0-logs seems that it shows only one wallpaper, open the top right wallpaper menu shows no wallpapers from /usr/share/antergos/wallpapers/ but it take the one shows up in my screenshot, changing the folder inside yml file do not make any change…

0_1515328030066_chrome-greeter-test-debug.png

installing: antergos/ttf-opensans remove the warning…

• @lots-0-logs shut down and restart system buttons do not work, showing up but pressing “restart” or “shutdown” on popup do not do anything…

the config file is not working correctly, i can enable debugging but i can not change wallpaper folder and theme also, it takes the fallback allways…

• @joekamprad said in TESTERS NEEDED! LightDM Web Greeter 3.0.0rc1:

seems that it shows only one wallpaper

shut down and restart system buttons do not work, showing up but pressing “restart” or “shutdown” on popup do not do anything

Same here!

• Thanks for the bug reports. This is very helpful 👍

• Status update: The background images issue should be resolved after updating to the latest version of antergos-wallpapers.

• Still the same here. After i tried to check wallpaper and buttom at lightdm the system hanged on when typed my password and didin’t get to desktop. I had to poweroff the VM and boot again to properly login.

• Weird. Its working on my system. I guess I’ll have to check it in a VM…

• @lots.0.logs
    I’ll try to replicate it here, maybe i misstyped the password, though i didn’t get any message about it, login screen simply got stucked…
    OBS:i clicked the desktop options too.

Worked once and after reboot the same bug
    0_1515406023442_lightdm.png

• Just released a new version. The package is building as I type this. Let me know if it resolves the issues. Thanks!

• @lots.0.logs

Buttoms still don’t work.
    The “got stuck at login” bug seems to be solved!

at first reboot the background image was black and i couldn’t add an image (but now they appear at right corner!).
    0_1515424262509_wallpapers.png

After log out the images are randomly switching, yet i can’t still select one from the right corner.

0_1515424411309_ok.png

Also noticed a small glitch (1 second tops)

0_1515424426999_glitch.png

• @lots-0-logs can we find the code on github?

• @joekamprad Yes, of course 😃

lightdm131 needed11 web8 testers6 Posts 17Views 1633
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.