• Include inxi, screenfetch and neofetch

Hello there!

So, inxi, screenfetch and neofetch are popular packages that a lot of forum users use to check system informations and to provide some info to other users and get help.

Why not put these packages on Antergos, I mean, including them pre-installed so one could just open a Terminal and uses them after installing the OS? Of course you can install them, but I’m thinking about the newcomer, begginer, end-user that doesn’t know how to install packages and are asked to provide information using these commands. These 3 are just a few examples that I’m remembering now, could be a few other packages related to system info.

• @ssspacez
    Hi!
    I agree, maybe adding an option to select them inside cnchi like “Maintainance Tools” and there add more packages beyond those, like clamav too etc.

@developers

• @fernandomaroto said in Include inxi, screenfetch and neofetch:

maybe adding an option to select them inside cnchi like “Maintainance Tools” and there add more packages beyond those, like clamav too etc.

I like this idea! But as I’m not an advanced Linux user I have no idea what to suggest beyond inxi, screenfetch and neofetch, I’m sure that are other useful tools out there.

• yes i would vote for inxi and htop

and like @keegan have at reborn ( ;) ) as an option inside cnchi called maintenance and i would love to see also the power-mangement option…

• If I have the time, I can certainly add them to Reborn OS. We are always open to new categories and suggestions over there :).

• @joekamprad

I’ve just remembered two more useful commands, ps_mem for RAM and systemd-analyze for boot time, I’m not sure if they are already built in, gonna try later.

Edit: systemd is part of the system, and ps_mem is on the repository.

• That’s great, thanks!

neofetch4 screenfetch4 inxi2 include1 Posts 8Views 805
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.