• Change antergos default Kernel, but not default grub selection

Hey,
    I have set up a dualboot antergos with windows 8.1.
    I want to have windows 8.1 as the default option, and achieved this by editing /etc/default/grub and set GRUB_DEFAULT= X. It works.

Now I have the problem that antergos won’t boot with the default linux kernel, but it does with the linux-lts kernel.
    However, I need to go to the Advanced submenu in grub and manually select the LTS version every time I want to boot antergos. Is there a way to set the LTS as default when selecting Anttergos from the grub main menu?
    Uninstalling the linux kernel is not an option, since I have packages that depend on it.

tl;dr: want Windows selected as default in grub; want to load linux-lts when manually selecting antergos; can’t uninstall linux kernel

• @nkay08 said in Change antergos default Kernel, but not default grub selection:

want Windows selected as default in grub; want to load linux-lts

Hi!

For windows you’ll need to change the line bellow inside /etc/default/grub to the one according to windows entry (if windows is the second line on grub menu you change it to 1, since the count start in 0)

GRUB_DEFAULT=0

for LTS you can split grub menu adding the line bellow to the same file
    GRUB_DISABLE_SUBMENU=y
    it makes easier to find whatever you want at grub menu.

You need to open the file as root

Cheers!

Portergos site
    https://github.com/Portergos/portergos-iso

Still in love with Antergos (default OS)
    I3wm

Linux newbie since 06/2016

grub84 kernel84 selection7 Posts 2Views 74
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.