• I'd like to see an antergos mate live cd

Hey guys. Just a bit of feedback, do with it what you want–

I’d really like to see an antergos live cd based on mint. The gnome shell based live cd runs like a complete snail on my older hardware.

[list:ysmxcmn0]
    [*:ysmxcmn0]This might make users with slower hardware shy off, which is a shame because the mate install is likely lightweight enough to run on most hardware made in in this century.[/*:m:ysmxcmn0]
    [*:ysmxcmn0]I personally would like a live cd that I can use for rescue situations that isn’t a snail.

Take my feedback with a grain of salt since I’m just a vanilla arch user who hasn’t even installed antergos yet. I will likely use it in the future for quick vm installs. I just thought I’d mention it. delete it, ignore it, do what you will.

EDIT: Doesn’t need to be mate. It could be xfce or lxde or whatever… just something lighterweight.

• Hey guys. Just a bit of feedback, do with it what you want–

I’d really like to see an antergos live cd based on mint. The gnome shell based live cd runs like a complete snail on my older hardware.

[list:ysmxcmn0]
    [*:ysmxcmn0]This might make users with slower hardware shy off, which is a shame because the mate install is likely lightweight enough to run on most hardware made in in this century.[/*:m:ysmxcmn0]
    [*:ysmxcmn0]I personally would like a live cd that I can use for rescue situations that isn’t a snail.

Take my feedback with a grain of salt since I’m just a vanilla arch user who hasn’t even installed antergos yet. I will likely use it in the future for quick vm installs. I just thought I’d mention it. delete it, ignore it, do what you will.

EDIT: Doesn’t need to be mate. It could be xfce or lxde or whatever… just something lighterweight.

• But there IS a variety of other DEs to chose from, depending on your personal likings and/or hardware specs!

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 17.10 64bit Unity
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

• While that’s true, some users might never get there if the livecd is almost completely unusable on their system.

• Just an FYI…we are planning to provide more ISO options including a minimal version that uses openbox and only includes Cnchi.

Cheers!

• @“lots.0.logs”:k3juivzo said:

Just an FYI…we are planning to provide more ISO options including a minimal version that uses openbox and only includes Cnchi.

Cheers![/quote:k3juivzo]

Thanks Dustin. Looking forward to it.

• @“lots.0.logs”:2sd4xpsn said:

Just an FYI…we are planning to provide more ISO options including a minimal version that uses openbox and only includes Cnchi.

Cheers![/quote:2sd4xpsn]

i look forward to that also

Posts 7Views 1400