• ISO Refresh: antergos 18.1

Notable Changes: Packages updated for the live and minimal install environments.

Click here to see the full blog post

• should we start giving the updates cute names like everyone else does? :D

Antergos Antelope 0_1515103170104_male-antelope.jpg

• Yay! Thank you so much for all the hard work you do over here @developers :).

It is greatly appreciated.

• @lots.0.logs We should have the option to install with out using an internet connection.

• I normally run vanilla Arch+Plasma but was considering returning to GNOME for a while (boredom), but one thing concerns me. For those not aware, in mid-December last, Arch developers made Evolution a required dependency of Calendar since the iCal import function is otherwise borked–for a few people. See: https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/56617

I am not affected by this bug–or wasn’t as of 3.26.2–but cannot (now) install Calendar without Evolution unless I either downgrade or compile it without that dependency. At least not as of a week ago. And I don’t prefer to use Evolution as an email client, if I choose to run one. And I really don’t prefer either of those two options, given their importance to the GNOME ecosphere as a whole.

BUT! I always download everyones latest Arch-whatever, and booting into the LiveISO of Antergos 18.1, I noted Calendar (gnome-calendar) but not the corresponding, now required dependency, Evolution email client (not just evoluton-data-server).

So my question is, did Antergos break this dependency in 18.1, or will Evolution be installed by rota along with Calendar?

regards

• @Renato-ZX said in ISO Refresh: antergos 18.1:

We should have the option to install with out using an internet connection.

Unfortunately developers are not interested in adding offline installer to the iso.
    You could try my “Portergos” iso https://forum.antergos.com/topic/7655/portergos-portable-antergos-offline-online-installer-unofficial/19

Also you could download only my installer while booting Antergos from here https://github.com/Portergos/Release-Candidates/releases/download/tests/portergos_20_12_2017.tar.xz

after downloading the installer, decompress it and move the folder “portergos” to /
    then run the installer with sudo /portergos/installer

The installer is under improvement… It can install some arch-based distros, ubuntu, debian, linux mint and manjaro, but actually install the live .iso itself to HD/USB drives.

• @fernandomaroto I will try it later. I have a YouTube Channel about Operating Systems & I will have a How-to video about Portergos . thanks.

• @Keegan said in ISO Refresh: antergos 18.1:

Yay! Thank you so much for all the hard work you do over here @developers :).

It is greatly appreciated.

for sure! Antergos keeps getting better and better thanks to the hard working Devs :)

• @Renato-ZX said in ISO Refresh: antergos 18.1:

@lots.0.logs We should have the option to install with out using an internet connection.

do you not have a good internet connection where you are at?

i understand that is a issue with some people but the very big plus of the way Antergos installer works is you are always update to date on install. i find that very nice.

• in a 2MBit Connection: to download the ISO (2GB) and doing the install, takes more then 6 Hours.

• For me, Antergos is the only dist - that i tryed so far - which comes without wifi support ootb :( I’m not a linux expert so it is’nt that easy to get my broadcom wifi on my 7 years(!) old notebook up for installation. An offline install option - as mentioned - i think is not an option for me, because i’d like to enjoy a up to date distro and the rolling release with my wifi. I will not use any cable connection, as my notebook is’nt a desktop replacement so i stick to manjaro :(
    This is what antergos breaks the neck so i’ve to stick to manjaro.

Anyways i love what i’ve read about antergos so far! keep on your hard work! :) ty

• @symlink said in ISO Refresh: antergos 18.1:

An offline install option - as mentioned - i think is not an option for me, because i’d like to enjoy a up to date distro and the rolling release with my wifi.

You’re wrong thinking that using an offline installer your system won’t be rolling release anymore, or that you won’t be able to update your system.
    My iso, which comes with offline installer, also comes with broadcom support (i never tested it, i admit). Also i launch a release once a month so it won’t be dificult for users to update the system right afer install (and if it’s getting some problem, there are some alias to init, populate and refresh pacman keys and also reorder best mirrorr).

so i’ve to stick to manjaro

Manjaro is like Antergos, i prefer Antergos with Arch repo.

• @fernandomaroto said in ISO Refresh: antergos 18.1:

Manjaro is like Antergos, i prefer Antergos with Arch repo.

where Arch Repo means more recent packages, driver and kernel ;)

iso78 refresh26 18.12 Posts 14Views 1579
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.