• GDM not powering down monitor when logged out.

Hi all does anyone know how GDM is supposed to handle powering down the monitor when at the login screen. I disabled Lightdm and enbled GDM, then restarted, logged in under GNOME in X and set screen saver settings.

Everything works perfectly, caffeine, screen blanking and not blanking when watching a video, however, when I log out the monitor just stays on forever.

I searched all over but can’t find a solution. Is this a bug in Antergos I wonder. I installed with the latest 17.12 ISO.

• i will try what i got here… but i think most Displays will went off also on its own…

• I had the same hardware working fine under Manjaro with gnome 3.26, but I was running Antergos at work and wanted to change. Maybe I will try an older install ISO, There doesn’t seem to be anywhere to set this.

• seems that gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.session idle-delay 0 for gdm so it will not power off the display…

you can change this only under gdm user:

you need to do this from TTY3 by pressing [Ctrl+Alt+F3] login as root and:

su - gdm -s /bin/sh
    export $(dbus-launch)
    GSETTINGS_BACKEND=dconf gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.session idle-delay 30
    exit

will put power off to 30 seconds…

• OMG I can’t believe what the problem was here. I had changed the Secure Boot in the bios to “Other OS” From “Windows UEFI System”, once I changed it back GDM started working correctly. how sad is that. I’m looking you you ASUS.

Thanks for all the help people.

• crappy programmed EFI-Firmware ;)

monitor43 gdm42 logged2 powering2 Posts 6Views 448
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.