• Install on imac

Hi everybody. recently had to upgrade apple,so i need a fresh install of everything.also i wanna reinstall antergos as dualboot.
    i managed it a year ago to install it,but unfortunately old grand dad
    i used this guid in archlinux:https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/IMac_Aluminium

• Hi everybody. recently had to upgrade apple,so i need a fresh install of everything.also i wanna reinstall antergos as dualboot.
    i managed it a year ago to install it,but unfortunately old grand dad
    i used this guid in archlinux:https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/IMac_Aluminium

• I don’t know much about the process of installing on a Mac but I know someone who does. Another one of our users recently installed Antergos on his iMac. I’ll ask him if he can provide any insight

Cheers!

How about it @Mike??

• Sorry, but I am no help to you on this one. The iMac has been moved to a dark corner, and is still running Mint. I was never successful in getting Antergos on that machine. I tried everything, with the exception of a native Arch (via the Arch Way) install on that machine, and nothing worked. I tried multiple Antergos releases, a couple of Manjaro releases, a Chakra release, and I even tried Evo/Lution, but I was never able to get any of them to work.

I keep thinking I will try a native Arch install on that machine, but I find I keep myself well-occupied on my Antergos machines, so trying to sort out the iMac has really become a very low priority for me. This machine has a ton more resources than my iMac, so I’m pretty content with things, just as they are. I would love to get Antergos on the iMac, but I just cannot convince myself to spend any time trying to get it done.

@guyhighlander, if you are successful at your endeavor, I know I would certainly be interested in how you managed it.

• Hi Mike.thanks for reply .i will skip it,until someone experianced,can manage it.i installed ubuntu 14.04 for now.even this was
    not easy, i could not sync rEFlt after install ubuntu,but after booting in to apple,suddenly Ubuntu was coming up,this does’nt work with Mint 17.had also no luck with majaro,not even booting live cd.
    maybe i have to wait a bit,but thanks for helping, cheerz Wolf
    during the installation the installer ask to generate a seperate partition for bootloader code (reserved bios boot),i skiped this too, because i never got it, like this from ubuntu on mac

• Hi Guys.after install ubuntu on imac,i could not give up,to install Antergos on my imac.spend some time but it works
    What i did,at first with gparted,created 1GB and flagged it with bios_grub.than starting installer like you want and created swap,home,/ partition and it works all fine.i dont no why,but i am very happy to have it back in my imac
    attached my partition table,hope it works for you guys …cheerz Wolf
    sda4 1GB bios_grub
    sda5 swap 12GB
    sda6 /home 340GB
    sda7 / 18GB boot

Posts 6Views 1763